GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-
Been lookin' for MY Acadia for over a year now. Learning a ton on this forum...thanks! Finally I decided to start the search and check out the deals at some dealerships this week.
So, my question if anyone can help...Can I use the GM supplier discount from my husband if his name will not be on the car? I have tried to read the rules from the supplierdiscount webpage but I am a little confused. In one part it states that the spouse, child, domestic partner is eligible but then there is another section where the elgible employee can "share" with a famly member, but only after they have purchased a GM.
So, does anyone know if I am buying the car can I use his authorization code. This may seem like a "dumb" question but thought I would put it out there.
TIA and I can't wait to drive home my Acadia soon! ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
2+3 said:
Hi all-
Been lookin' for MY Acadia for over a year now. Learning a ton on this forum...thanks! Finally I decided to start the search and check out the deals at some dealerships this week.
So, my question if anyone can help...Can I use the GM supplier discount from my husband if his name will not be on the car? I have tried to read the rules from the supplierdiscount webpage but I am a little confused. In one part it states that the spouse, child, domestic partner is eligible but then there is another section where the elgible employee can "share" with a famly member, but only after they have purchased a GM.
So, does anyone know if I am buying the car can I use his authorization code. This may seem like a "dumb" question but thought I would put it out there.
TIA and I can't wait to drive home my Acadia soon! ;D
In today's climate, I would think you could get your car at invoice or $100 over invoice and that would be better than the supplier discount. I purchased my '08 in Sept '08 and got it at invoice, so I bet you clould get one today for sure at invoice.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If you're willing to do any negotiation in my experience you can beat supplier pricing. As for your question, when I got a supplier # last year, the data required was a ZIP code and date of birth, so it is specific to one person unless you share a birthday. The "sharing" of an authorization number is for before it is issued, so it can be issued if this makes any sense. In other words, this relates to the generating of the number, not one that has already been generated. The first part you spoke of (spouse, child, domestic partner) sounds like the employee discount, not the supplier one.

We ordered in August 2008 and took delivery in September. The price we had negotiated was less than supplier pricing, and then employee pricing was extended to 2009 models. A good thing, as the dealer tried to stick us with ad fees after we had negotiated a price.

It is ultimately up to the dealer, so I'd call them and see what they say, or negotiate a price and then compare it to the supplier price.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Blue - Good point about the employee discount. If it is an employee discount, then that is actually better than invoice pricing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We used my supplier pricing authorization to buy our Acadia, which is registered only in my wife's name. That was 18 months ago when supply was low and demand was high. As GAR and Blue point out, you can probably negotiate a better deal than supplier pricing these days.

L.S.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome...thanks for the input! Hopefully I can get deal without having to worry about codes and authorization numbers ???
I am looking at a few used and then some new at 2 different dealers in my area...wish me luck!
I am just wondering if I should tell them I have a Supplier Discount or wait and see what they offer straight-out.
hmmm... ???

·
Registered
61 Posts
IMO, you should keep the supplier discount quiet. You can always "find out from friends at work" that you qualify for supplier pricing if the dealer is not willing to sell for less than that. However, you should "build" the Acadia you're looking at on the GM supplier pricing site so you know going in what the price would be (and on Edmunds.com so you know the invoice price).

Good luck! and keep us posted...

L.S.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will keep you posted and keep the supplier discount code stuck in my back pocket...for now!
Great tips from you guys, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts