GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My credit union has the following link posted...

http://www.lovemycreditunion.org (home)
http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/GM_171.html (GM)

They also have discounts for Chrysler (Ford coming soon).

Here are the GM FAQ's-

How much is the vehicle discount?
Credit union members will receive a discount that is equal to the GM Supplier Pricing Discount, along with applicable national incentives, through this program.

Which GM dealers are participating in this program?
This program is available through all participating GM dealers in the U.S., and is voluntary on the part of the dealers. Please inform your dealer of your intention to use the Credit Union Member Discount From GM.

Does the discount apply to business accounts?
Yes, but if the business purchases more than five cars per year, it will qualify for fleet pricing through GM.

What will I need to provide to a dealer to prove my credit union membership?
A current statement or a membership card are acceptable forms of proof. Other forms of proof may be accepted at the discretion of the GM dealer.

Are all GM brands and models eligible for the discount program?
All GM brands are included, some model exclusions apply. Almost every new 2008 and 2009 GM passenger car, SUV, crossover and light-duty truck is eligible. Cadillac CTS-V and Chevrolet Corvette ZRI and Chevrolet and GMC Medium duty trucks are currently excluded from the program. More information can be found after clicking the GM button on this site.

How do I get the Credit Union Discount from GM?
Click on the GM Discount icon on the home page of lovemycreditunion.org.

Can I combine the discount with current incentives?
Yes, in most cases. Visit your participating GM dealer for details on eligible incentives, or view current incentives at gm.com/creditunion to see how the values add up.

Can I combine this with any GM reward card earnings?
You can combine the discount with Earnings from the GM Extended Family Card or the GM Business Card. Earnings from the GM reward cards are in addition to most current incentives GM may offer.

Do I have to finance through my credit union?
No. You can finance through any financial institution, however, please be sure to check with your credit union since credit unions have among the best auto rates available.

Are dealer-installed options covered by this discount (e.g., theft-deterrent devices, etc.)?
No. Any additional dealer-installed options, conversion/uplift packages, General Motors Protection Plans and other extra-charge items will be supplied at a price agreed upon between the customer and the dealer.

Can I share my discount?
Yes, you may share the GM discount with other members of your household.

What information is required to register for a personal Authorization Code?
To register, you will be asked to provide: name, address, city, state, zip code. You will be asked to choose the state in which your credit union is located and then select your credit union.

Next, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address and create a unique user ID, password and secret question.

Then you can click to receive the personal Authorization Code that you can print or write down. You will also be asked to provide the zip code and date of birth of the individual purchasing the vehicle. The dealer will use this to verify your personal Authorization Code.

What if the dealer is not aware of the discount program?
GM has communicated this program internally to all dealers. Dealers should refer to bulletins 09-11 and 09-11A for information concerning the GM Discount For Credit Union members.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I looked this up, and it allowed me to create an account and go through everything...even through I am not a member of the credit union. Maybe that is the reason for my second point- I went to the special supplier website after I had created my account, and it does not show anything special. MSRP and the basic $2,250 anyone can get as a rebate. Something I am missing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
GM Employee pricing is lower than GMS. Go to several dealers and when they compete for your business, mention that one offered you employee pricing. They have one GM employee pricing they can use per quarter (so I'm told...). Might be on your vehicle, if you get offered this.

After several dealings when we bought our Acadia, I was offered this. I'm sure it was a last attempt to keep me form buying somewhere else. It worked.

MSRP down to Employee pricing, then subtract rebates = final price.
We got a 41K SLT (loaded) down to ~$34,500.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mikewatkins3 said:
GM Employee pricing is lower than GMS. Go to several dealers and when they compete for your business, mention that one offered you employee pricing. They have one GM employee pricing they can use per quarter (so I'm told...). Might be on your vehicle, if you get offered this.

After several dealings when we bought our Acadia, I was offered this. I'm sure it was a last attempt to keep me form buying somewhere else. It worked.

MSRP down to Employee pricing, then subtract rebates = final price.
We got a 41K SLT (loaded) down to ~$34,500.
Thank you. I understand that GM Employee pricing is different than supplier pricing through an eligible credit unit, but I don't see how supplier pricing is any different than MSRP - rebates that anyone would quality for? The supplier pricing site shows me the same price as everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
From Blues Clues (linked in my signature), emphasis added in red:

What is GMS or employee pricing?
GMS is the term GM uses for employee pricing. Unless it is an “everyone” type deal such as in 2005 and in a limited fashion 2008, GM has very strict rules that only allow employees and family members, as the price is below dealer invoice. This requires an authorization number. The GM Employee website is here:
https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

What is Supplier Pricing?
This is a price GM sells vehicles to for companies that are affiliated with GM. Experience has shown you can usually negotiate a better price than this[/color], although for those that don’t like the negotiation game, it has value. You must be given an authorization number by an authorized person or GM Employee in order to use this feature. The GM Supplier website is here:
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/

So to sum it up, MSRP>Supplier>GMS/employee

In my experience, if there is a factory cash or rebate deal available to "anyone", then this money also comes off the supplier or the GMS price unless specifically excepted.

EDIT
Thread titles modified to reflect supplier pricing, not GMS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts