GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I ordered our Acadia on 2/27 through the GM Supplier Discount program. Our price ended up being about $400 less than invoice for an AWD SLT-2 with Sunroof, Rear DVD, NAV. It's got a liquid silver exterior and a titanium leather interior. As far as I know this is a good deal, but I'd like to explore what the GM Supplier Discount Entails.

Once upon a time I was told that it is calculated at 4% less than invoice minus $100 more. That's not the case with mine. Thoughts?

I've also heard that through negotiation one can do better than with this discount. Does anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure how it is calculated. I've been trying to price out our acadia and comparing it to the invoice prices posted on MSN and Yahoo autos its around 700 more than the invoice posted on there.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I used the supplier discount on my Acadia outfitted similar to yours, SLT-2, Rear DVD, NAV, Sunroof, I do have the 19" wheels and the Red Jewel Tintcoat Paint - the supplier discount amounted to $2801.80 of of the MSRP - I was shown that it was below invoice by $400 but I have to think there is another invoice that dealers really pay. Being that I had another offer from GM (pay off the remaining lease payment up to $2000 if I purchase/lease a new GM vehicle before Mar 15th -signed the papers on the 15th) I was able to get a savings of $4401.80 - the early lease termination deal was not related to just the Aciadia it was any GM vehicle (with a few exceptions like the Corvette and Hummer) - it helped me get out of my Acura and into the Acadia faster than planned.

Thank You Honda financing for selling my information to GM that I had a lease coming to an end (how else would GM have known I had a lease coming to an end) it got me into the vehicle I have been looking at for a few months now.

The Acadia's are selling so fast once they are delivered to the dealers there is not much negotiating going on, most deals or rebates do not apply to the Acadia right now, I think the supplier discount was the best deal at the moment, that could change once they get more supply to the dealers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts