GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The company I work for has a GM supplier discount available. How does this work and is it even worth looking into. I thought maybe it might help on the purchase of a new Acadia.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you do a search you can probably find a few threads on this. Normally what it amounts to is about a few hundred over invoice, and most incentives will apply on top of it. The price is very good if you are opposed to the "haggle method."

·
Registered
2 Posts
kanderna said:
If you do a search you can probably find a few threads on this. Normally what it amounts to is about a few hundred over invoice, and most incentives will apply on top of it. The price is very good if you are opposed to the "haggle method."
I wonder if I can haggle first and subtract the saving provided by GM supplier discount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pktrkt said:
I wonder if I can haggle first and subtract the saving provided by GM supplier discount.
Best I can remember from using the discount back in 2004 was that the GMS is a no-haggle price based on the configuration of the vehicle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I seem to recall that you cannot apply the conquest rebate if you go with the Supplier discount....

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have used supplier pricing multiple times and all rebates and discounts available at the time of delivery can be applied. Also just to be clear GMS is way different the GM supplier. GMS is employee pricing and GM Supplier is pricing available to a ton of people. I have also found that when dealers tell you invoice price for a vehicle that is invoice + delivery + dealer fees, which equates to about 500 over GM supplier pricing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought my Acadia using GM Supplier Pricing. There are pros and cons (aren't there always?) and NOT all rebates are allowed. The pros, in my case, was absolutely no haggling on the price (read the program rules when you log into gmsupplierdiscount.com). It also avoided any discussion on the local advertising fees that many dealers like to insist are part of the "dealer invoice". At the time they were adding $800 onto the dealer invoice for advertising and not coming down off MSRP by much. GMSP doesn't allow dealer advertising to be added.

When we bought last November, there was a $500 conquest rebate available in Massachusetts. It was NOT allowed with GMSP. However, because the Boston auto show was that month, GMC had a $500 auto show rebate that was allowed. If we had not used GMSP, then both rebates would have been available, but we would have had to negotiate down on the price and advertising fees.

Tip: Convince your sales rep to show you the computer screen when he looks up rebates ~ there may be others available you don't hear about and sometimes they can be combined. Some sales reps really look for rebates that apply and others don't put in the effort. Also, if you live somewhere that Buick sponsors a PGA golf tournament, they frequently have a regional rebate available, if an Enclave interests you.

Times are changing; Acadia and Enclave inventories are starting to creep up on dealer lots, and with new vehicle sales predicted to drop by 2.5-3 million units in North America, even GMC dealers will be desperate for Acadia sales this year to replace lost Yukons and Sierras sales. So, you might find a dealer that will sell closer to dealer invoice and not charge an outrageous advertising fee, in which case a rebate could get you a better deal. You might also spend 2 months finding that dealer and negotiating the price. My time was worth than the couple of hundred bucks i might have saved on a $36,000 purchase. Only you know what your time is worth...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time is definately worth something. I've contacted six different dealers and the best price I have found on an SLT with a list of $37,365 has been bartered down to $34,305 + $150 transportation fee. That's the GM suppliers discount and $1000 of rebates. That's not bad, but the 09's will be out soon. I realize though they may not have the rebates. The problem is I'm looking for a Summit white SLT with captains and DVD only. I have only found one in a 500 mile radius of where I live. It listed for $36,300 and they tried to sell for $35,300. The more expensive SLT has more options that I don't care about, but in the long run is almost $1000 cheaper. I've even found a few SLE with buckets and DVD for around $32,000, but if I'm going to spend this kind of money I'm going to go all out. My wife wants the leather I could care less. I want a Yukon and can get $10K off one right now, but they also list $10K more than an FWD Acadia comperable equipped. I may be able to find a better deal but I'm sure I won't knock another $500 off unless I would settle for a different color or something. The main problem I think I see is the fact the dealer has to go get it.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I noted while searching today that the cash back is now up to $1250 (from $500) on 2008 Acadia and Outlook models. I went through the GM Supplier link above, and with this discount, the pricing on the vehicles I've looked at is within about $500 of the employee pricing I got from the GM Family website (I went to the wrong place initially for GM Supplier pricing, https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/ ). Example:
2008 Outlook XE
Sticker: $31,030
GM supplier: $29,014.30
Less cash: $1,250
Net: $28,664.30

The employee pricing was $28,132.58 last week with $500 cash back. Of course, now the employee pricing is even lower, it is $27,832.58.

EDIT- Found this on a dealer website
Looks like the pot is a little sweeter still:
Current owners of a 1999 or newer non-GM vehicle, trade it in and get $1750 Total Purchase Cash on OUTLOOK. 3. Includes all offers. Not available on lease or SmartBuy transaction or with some other offers. Trade-in cannot be a lease or SmartBuy vehicle. See retailer for details. Take delivery by 7/31/08.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.