GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ~

I'm new here...actually, I'm not that new...I've been lurking for several months while I did some research on the Acadia. I've found some really great info here! Anyway, I'm just wondering how good of a deal the GM Supplier Discount really is. We've used it on our last few vehicle purchases but I've never compared it to what kind of a deal we could have gotten without it. Our last 4 purchases have been from our local Chevy dealership and we're friends with the owners so I felt comfortable that we were getting a decent deal from them. We're planning to purchase an Acadia this fall (hoping for some incentives) and we'll be going to a different dealership. I'm reading here that quite a few people have gotten their Acadia for $4-5k below MSRP. Typically the supplier price is only about $3k below MSRP so I'm thinking I might be better off not using my discount. Plus, we always get a lousy deal on our trade when we use the Supplier Discount. Just wondering if anyone has any input?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I get $4-5K below MSRP becasue I get GMS pricing (Employee).

For your situation, if you are lucky, you might be able to find a dealer willing to sell at or near invoice on an Acadia.

Compare that to your Supplier pricing and take the lower route.

However, there is Conquest cash available thru 9/4 ($1000 for 2007 or $500 for 2008). Conquest is easy money IF you have a NON-GM car registered to you. Also, you can't use it with your supplier pricing.

So, if you have a NON-GM car and you are getting a 2007 model, I'd bet you could swing a better deal with invoice -the $1000 conquest. Perhaps even on an '08.

Just my .02 Compare for yourself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I priced one using the supplier discount and it was ~ $500 above invoice. I was able to get it at invoice w/out a supplier discount. I wan't aware the Conquest ends on 9/4...I ordered mine and it won't be in until then, so hopefully there is another incentive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have been actively looking to order an Acadia over the past week and have a supplier discount number from a friend. I have been given pricing at the employee discount level (GMS), the supplier discount (GSU) and have found invoice. From what I have found for the model I am looking for (SLT-2, fully loaded AWD) that the GMS price is $500 below the invoice price I found on Edmunds and the Supplier price is $1,500 above the GMS price. I haven't had any dealer willing to give me anything below the supplier price yet, but have been hitting the various dealerships. I'm hoping to get one ordered before the end of the week if possible.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That's good to know re: GMS pricing - which I too am eliglble for. How does one go about finding the invoice price for a particular spec'd-out vehicle?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Edmunds.com is a good place to price out a vehicle. They will give you the MSRP price and invoice price.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Edmunds TMV price for the 08 Acadia is only showing a few hundred off MSRP...this is far from true. I was able to get it appx $650 below invoice before any incentives/GM Credit Card earnings. Jello, are you having any luck?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just learned yesterday that if you are using a GMS discount you cannot use GM Credit Card dollars with it! Thankfully I have not been using the card and it only has $100 on it to be used toward a vehicle. I remember the days of getting the employee discount PLUS being able to use the GM CC dollars.

BTW I picked up by new GMC Acadia yesterday! The order was placed June 25. It is GREAT! A truely beautiful car. It's BIG. Kinda wish I had ordered the SL-2 so that the mirrors would retract and could make the drive into the garage with more ease.

·
Registered
117 Posts
fenwah said:
Edmunds TMV price for the 08 Acadia is only showing a few hundred off MSRP...this is far from true. I was able to get it appx $650 below invoice..
Actualy, the TMV is fairly accurate. The TMV is the avergere price buyers are actually paying. Many people buy at MSRP. You found a great price, but its fair to say that the average acadia is not bought at $650 below invoice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I didn't use the supplier discount on the acadia but we did just use it on our cobalt. I went in with the TMV from edmunds and the dealership offered the supplier discount. It was $200 less than what the TMV price was. This was on a $17000.00 cobalt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I recieved the family ,or GMS pricing which ended up being about $4800 off of the sticker. With inlaws in Detroit I get the same deal for all three american car companys. One of the perks of marrying a Michigander.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town. I have been checking all over the Metro Detroit area and have found that the lowest dealers are willing to go is the supplier price. This is $3,000 off MSRP for the vehicle I am looking for (fully loaded 2008 SLT-2 AWD Red Jewel). In checking with Edmunds this is approximately $300 over invoice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new SLT2 had an MSRP of 38750 (picked up yesterday). I paid the supplier price of 36575.15 (for which I am actually eligible). :)

They also gave me the $500 conquest rebate that someone else mentioned was not available with the supplier pricing. It's possible they just made a mistake and should have given me the extra $500.

After reading about some of the deals I wonder if I should have tried harder to negotiate for something under invoice . . . Oh well. We love the Acadia so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cari said:
Hi All ~

I'm new here...actually, I'm not that new...I've been lurking for several months while I did some research on the Acadia. I've found some really great info here! Anyway, I'm just wondering how good of a deal the GM Supplier Discount really is. We've used it on our last few vehicle purchases but I've never compared it to what kind of a deal we could have gotten without it. Our last 4 purchases have been from our local Chevy dealership and we're friends with the owners so I felt comfortable that we were getting a decent deal from them. We're planning to purchase an Acadia this fall (hoping for some incentives) and we'll be going to a different dealership. I'm reading here that quite a few people have gotten their Acadia for $4-5k below MSRP. Typically the supplier price is only about $3k below MSRP so I'm thinking I might be better off not using my discount. Plus, we always get a lousy deal on our trade when we use the Supplier Discount. Just wondering if anyone has any input?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts