GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to recieve a GM Supplier Discount authorization code. I'm on the original GM Credit Card where I can use up to $3500 (if maxed out at $500 over seven years). Would I be eligible to use my card earnings on top of the supplier discount? If not, I'm wondering if the dealer would just match my supplier discount so I can use my GM CC earnings.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does this link from the GM Supplier Pricing site help answer the question?

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/virtual/pages/html/sd_faq.html#q10

What's the difference between the GM Extended Family Card and the GM Flexible Earnings Card?

The GM Extended Family Card was created for members of the GM family who are eligible for the GM Supplier Vehicle Purchase program discount. It offers a full 1% earnings on all credit card purchases, which can be combined with your GM discount for even greater savings. GM Extended Family Card Earnings can be redeemed toward any eligible vehicle from Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, HUMMER, Saab and Cadillac. With the GM Extended Family Card, you also have the option to receive your Earnings as cash, in increments of $50, if you decide you are not in the market for a new vehicle.

With the GM Flexible Earnings Card, you get 3% Earnings toward an eligible, new GM vehicle from Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, HUMMER and Cadillac. Or you can opt to receive 1% Earnings toward any other new vehicle of your choice ($100 minimum) or get 1% cash back in $100 increments. There is no annual limit on how much you can earn but there are Redemption Allowances that vary by vehicle and model year. Visit www.gmflexcard.com for details. Earnings from the GM Flexible Earnings Card can not be combined with your GM Supplier Vehicle Purchase program discount.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...I don't have either of those two types of cards. I have the 5% back off everything that maxes out at $500 credit per year for seven years. I think my best bet is either to ask for the supplier discount price (but not officially use my supplier discount certificate)...or try to negotiate even more...sounds like some people here are getting it for a little over invoice. The supplier discount will make it about $450 above invoice. Add the $1000 rebate that have now along with the $3200 or so I have on my GM CC...and you have one heck of a deal for a car that was just released.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I negotiated to get the supplier price without using the supplier discount just so I could use my GM card earnings --- I think that is the route to go. I also have the old style GM card, so I'm getting 1400 (earnings) + 1000 (bonus gm card from mailer they sent me) + 500 bonus cash + 1000 conquest.

Brian

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been working with a dealer on getting the supplier price (we are eligible for it), but after going back and forth with the current incentives, he flat out said he could probably beat the supplier price and come closer to invoice or less if we just negotiated a price and took advantage of all the incentives. (that $1000 Conquest Cash is big)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bkmartin said:
I negotiated to get the supplier price without using the supplier discount just so I could use my GM card earnings --- I think that is the route to go. I also have the old style GM card, so I'm getting 1400 (earnings) + 1000 (bonus gm card from mailer they sent me) + 500 bonus cash + 1000 conquest.

Brian
I know a lot of people who are getting that $1000 bonus GM CC earnings. Most have below $1500 in CC points. I guess I am getting penalized for almost maxing out my earnings. Bummer. My dad has an Acura...I wonder if I were to come into the lot that I would be able to get the conquest discount as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
(sorry not intending to hijack!) I'm a sucker for first model year or first model year redesigns, but I generally can negotiate close enough to invoice that I am satisfied with my purchase. Before ordering the Acadia, we also put a deposit down on a Ford Edge at X-Plan, which was below invoice already, and took all of five minutes of casual discussion. I liked the idea of buying at the GM Supplier price because I do think it is competitive for a new vehicle, I wouldn't have to go through the hassle and stress of negotiating and with the rebate I believe I would be satisfied at that price. But, when the sales guy said that he may be able to do better without going the GMS route, I got sucked into the game I didn't really want to play and since he played his hand...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I interpret a couple of the comments above to mean that the GM Supplier Price is not below "invoice." I was told otherwise. Can anyone provide a guide as to where the supplier price comes in relative to invoice? On average, what percentage above or below invoice?

·
Registered
310 Posts
GM Supplier price is not below invoice, but it is fairly close without having to do any work. Sometimes there is extra bonus cash for suppliers, but not on Acadia right now. It also limits the dealer to charging no more than $75 on paperwork fees, which I have never seen a dealer charge much more than that, if they ever wanted to charge more than about $100, I would balk at that anyway.

My dealer also said that in order to get Conquest (if it is still going on by the time I see my car), that he would match supplier pricing so I can get that rebate as well.

It is important to remember that whether your order or take off the lot, the dealer is still getting his "holdback" in additon to any net profit between invoice and sales price. There may be additional benefits as well, the profit he makes on your trade, special incentives to the dealer, and any rebates that you fail to get, the dealer will claim for himself. So the whole "everyone gets supplier pricing" last year did not mean that anyone was losing money anyway, but since some folks pay almost sticker, the dealers were leaving some money on the table they normally can probably count on.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Go here and select the "GMID Pricing" from the drop down menu. Once you price it out it will show you the supplier pricing. If you use the "Build Your Own" drop down menu it will give you employee pricing.

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

On the Acadia I priced out a few weeks ago supplier pricing was indeed above the invoice prices listed from on-line sources.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
zman, you have to login to use that site.

sbmunds, I'll use my acadia (see details in sig) as a real world example.

Our MSRP = $36,154
GM Supplier Pricing = $34,191
Invoice = $33,621

So before rebates/incentives, ours was $570 (about 1.5%) above invoice and $1963 (5.5%) below MSRP. I looked up hundreds of Acadias from about 20 states and found these percentages to be about the same for most. The more loaded it is, the better the supplier pricing seemed to be, by a small margin. A fully loaded SLT2 might come within 1% of onvoice vs my 1.5%.

And for the record, we also received the $1000 conquest, $500 cash back offer, and another $500 off because this one had nearly 900 miles on it. So our final price was (before tax & tags) $32,191 or $1,430 (about 4%) below invoice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
admin said:
zman, you have to login to use that site.
No you don't. I priced out an Acadia without logging in. I do not have the ability to login since I have no ties to GM. You simply have to go to the dropdown menu at the top.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
The don't have correct pricing.

They charge 199 for XM which doesn't happen.

They don't have an option to choose a becnh seat, unless I missed it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
NY_Joe said:
The don't have correct pricing.

They charge 199 for XM which doesn't happen.

They don't have an option to choose a becnh seat, unless I missed it.
True, but neither does gmbuypower. The choices are the same on both websites.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I know.

Just saying it won;t match invoice at dealer.

they have true pricing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
NY_Joe said:
I know.

Just saying it won;t match invoice at dealer.

they have true pricing.
Ah, got it. I still think it is easy enough to decipher that supplier pricing is more than invoice, which was my intended point. I know I can buy Acadia's all day long in Minneapolis for invoice, so supplier pricing is becoming irrelevant here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah, got it. I still think it is easy enough to decipher that supplier pricing is more than invoice, which was my intended point. I know I can buy Acadia's all day long in Minneapolis for invoice, so supplier pricing is becoming irrelevant here.
[/quote]

Not if your dealer is willing to give you the $1500 in rebates on top of the supplier pricing! Any dealer selling you an acadia at invoice is more than likely already taking the rebates into account.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
My apologies, zman. I didn't even notice the drop-down...

Before hearing about that on this site, I had no idea there was any conflict between Supplier pricing and conquest. Our dealer (and a second one in the area I also spoke with) never even mentioned a conflict. They were willing to give supplier and conquest without question. The one we bought from (J Koons of Vienna VA) even told us about the $500 bonus that had just become available that day (feb 1) that we didn't even know about!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have access to Supplier Pricing, but since the Conquest cash is not available with the GM Suplier Discount, I asked the dealer if I could get close to the suppier price so I can then use Conquest. He insisted Conquest was not available with Acadia until I told him to check - and he did, and thanked me for teaching him something.

SLT-2 AWD Carbon Metallic Sunroof Nav 19" wheels Trailer package HID HUD Sunroof.
MSRP 44,815
Invoice 41,246
Supplier Price 41,886

He said he'd start at $500 over what he claimed his invoice of 42,143. This is exactly 2% of MSRP over what every site says the invoice is. This is the markup for "Local Group Advertising" that a lot of dealers have told me they'd add to "invoice" before adding on their $500. I end up with an added $200 off from Supplier pricing because I could use Conquest, but I wanted to see if anyone out there has any insight to this 2% markup over invoice.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts