GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
wpfun said:
Just wanted to know where that website is to find recalls on my 2009 Acadia. I just called the dealer and he said there was 2 of them Something with the headlights and the Transmission. This would be very helpful since I live 80 miles from a dealer
Thanks
I just purchased one myself a day ago... is Michelle still a good source, or should I keep pounding keys to see. I found a transmission flash that supposedly helps MPG and will call the dealership tomorrow on that one to ensure I have the latest rev/ver on that gem.
I may check other topics (as I know these are specific to a topic) to see about a chip I found which may improve things also... I used chips before (no, not Lays or Herr's) with some success.
Thanks in advance. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
LLBEANSTER said:
I just purchased one myself a day ago... is Michelle still a good source, or should I keep pounding keys to see. I found a transmission flash that supposedly helps MPG and will call the dealership tomorrow on that one to ensure I have the latest rev/ver on that gem.
I may check other topics (as I know these are specific to a topic) to see about a chip I found which may improve things also... I used chips before (no, not Lays or Herr's) with some success.
LLBEANSTER, Michelle is not the only rep here. In fact, she isn't on the forum any more. Go to the GMC Customer Service profile and click on 'recent posts.' You'll find names of all the different reps who currently follow us.

Good luck if you bite on one of those stale chips. Wise or Utz are the best ... others are just full of snake oil.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How has everyone's responsiveness been from GMC Customer Service? (response times)

I have had only limited success so far and am frustrated that we have been working on the same issue trying to connect basic information for a few weeks now (3). Sometimes they respond right away, and sometimes I don't hear back from them for 3-4+ days. Don't get me wrong, when they do respond, they are empathetic, helpful, and seem really willing to assist! I just don't know if I am pursuing the best avenue for assistance.

Just wanted to find out if everyone has had similar experiences, or if it is limited to just my interactions. Thoughts? (Thanks!)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Speleos said:
LLBEANSTER, Michelle is not the only rep here. In fact, she isn't on the forum any more. Go to the GMC Customer Service profile and click on 'recent posts.' You'll find names of all the different reps who currently follow us.

Good luck if you bite on one of those stale chips. Wise or Utz are the best ... others are just full of snake oil.
I believe they were actually asking about the automotive publications put out by Mitchell

This link is for body repair, but I know they used to also publish mechanical repair books, etc

http://www.mitchell.com/auto-repair-shop-software/index-auto-shop-management-software.asp

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
ls973800 said:
I believe they were actually asking about the automotive publications put out by Mitchell

This link is for body repair, but I know they used to also publish mechanical repair books, etc

http://www.mitchell.com/auto-repair-shop-software/index-auto-shop-management-software.asp
That's funny!  :hilarious:

There is a thread with the link to a service manual download. I forget who publishes it now or to what it year applies. Guess the poster can keep pounding keys and eating his chips. There are enough keywords here to help in a search. I'm not going to search for him. ;D 

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speleos said:

I'll try to look around better next time but there does seem to be a lot of stale ones around. :banghead: Got dip?!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's the link for the Enclave service manual download. Make sure you paste the entire string into the address bar to get to the Enclave manual.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zlFDEIJZ!lhEvdcmJL895CqO3HHkWfb1_8lGKFRajYnKT9Uac1i8

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems to have forms released prior to Sept 29, 2008. For example, in the Movement section of the 2008 Acadia, there should be an item for the windshield wipers possibly fetching inoperative under heavy snow/icy conditions. This document is dated October 2, 2008 and is not included in the linked site. But for documents released prior to that date, that is a great resource - same service database items I have access to!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
24 Participants
kelvis
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing