GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 4/28/11 jwhjr posted a topic titled "GM Maintenance" on the Traverse board with a link. I breezed right on by the topic without even opening it because the last thing I need is another website which has maintenance information. Heck, I have several sites bookmarked plus the My Chevrolet site which gives me all the manuals, service history, etc. Others must have felt the same way because there were only two replies to his post.

The other day I was going through the boards and clicked on his post because there were not that many new topics at the time and I wanted to eliminate the "New" symbol next to his post to clean up what I see when I open the forum.

WOW! I am really glad I finally read his post, and started exploring on the link he posted! It is a lot more than just maintenance. You can enter your VIN and see all the campaigns, recalls, etc for you vehicle. You can enter a bulletin number and see the topic it concerns. I used that to help someone over on the Outlook forum under the topic about losing power steering when going through puddles.

One of the best features is the service information contained on that site. For all of us who have ever asked where can I find an electrical schematic for this item, where can I find instructions on this repair, etc many of the answers and schematics are here! I don't know if 100% of the service manual is there, but many sections are. I think jwhjr stated it only goes up to 2009, but much of the information is the same for even our later models.

Since it is a GM site, it also is not limited to the Traverse, Acadia, Outlook, or Enclave so you might find other useful information for your other cars and trucks. If you are interested in seeing his post, here is the link to the Traverse board with his topic. Check it out and give him a thumbs up or a thank you for this useful information!

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=1845.0

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Just as a reminder; it includes info up to the 09 model year--sorry all you late model owners

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just saw this today also. Already used the site and had the dealer order a part!! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
:'( no 11's. :'(

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
rbarrios said:
think of it this way-- youre 11 is so good- no need to look up repair info.
Until something goes wrong

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
It appears to have documents released prior to Sept 29, 2008. For example, in the Campaign section of the 2008 Acadia, there should be an item for the windshield wipers possibly becoming inoperative under heavy snow/icy conditions. This document is dated October 2, 2008 and is not included in the linked site. But for documents released prior to that date, that is a great resource - same service database items I have access to! :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is great info, but I'm a bit confused....

Regarding: http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/home.do

Is this a GM approved website? Is there a copyright issue there? The site belongs to gpona.com which is the Gran Prix forum.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
richmz said:
This is great info, but I'm a bit confused....

Regarding: http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/home.do

Is this a GM approved website? Is there a copyright issue there? The site belongs to gpona.com which is the Gran Prix forum.
I sent a message to gpona.com's admin asking him if he had any objections to having a link to that information on here. We'll remove it if necessary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there, i tried following the link but the url has been removed since it was merged with something else. any idea what the new url is?
Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
Speleos said:
Right! You must have a username and password to that forum to gain access to it.
Kudos for that pointer.

Another tip for those about to login over there:
- Enter your user ID in lower-case, the login box even says so.
- Try using a password that doesn't have special characters (e.g. "#" will cause an issue).

Huge thanks to the good folks at GPONA dot-com for this fantastic resource.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to know where that website is to find recalls on my 2009 Acadia. I just called the dealer and he said there was 2 of them Something with the headlights and the Transmission. This would be very helpful since I live 80 miles from a dealer
Thanks

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
wpfun said:
Just wanted to know where that website is to find recalls on my 2009 Acadia. I just called the dealer and he said there was 2 of them Something with the headlights and the Transmission. This would be very helpful since I live 80 miles from a dealer
Thanks
If you would like to provide me with your VIN, I would be happy to research the recall information.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
38 Posts
GMC Customer Service said:
If you would like to provide me with your VIN, I would be happy to research the recall information.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service
Michelle, how many times a problem has to be reported before gmc would start considering its probably good grounds for a recall?

Notice the large ammount of power steering problems , squeaking, clanking, bloking, all sorts. Why are we supposed to pay to fix a problem that seems to be widespreaded?

Thank you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
and don't get too excited about signing up at MyGMC thinking you will see the recall history of your vehicle. All it tells you is a short note that there are no current recalls. duh!
It's a very basic website tool in comparison to some other manaufacturers. Somewhat disappointing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
24 Participants
kelvis
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing