GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Thanks webhair! I've posted the contents of the PDF in the official sticky Recalls/TSBs post.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just remember for those who post and those who allow it, those bulletins are copyrighted material from GM. GM would probably never see it, but just FYI. I have no problem sharing knowledge with those who care to listen, but you won't see me "copy & paste" material.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
DenaliTech said:
Just remember for those who post and those who allow it, those bulletins are copyrighted material from GM. GM would probably never see it, but just FYI. I have no problem sharing knowledge with those who care to listen, but you won't see me "copy & paste" material.
Just a dumb question, how is it copyrighted material?

These are real world issues with"keywords" that sounds like lamen terms. Such as what a customer would explain it as.

The fixes may be copyrighted but as owners of the vehicles in question we have every right to know and relay this information to other owners. We are not using this information for personal or monetary gain.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is excellent information. Hell the very first one listed I have experienced, now to get it fixed. Can't wait to read thru the rest to see what else I may have on my Acadia.

·
Registered
40 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Just a dumb question, how is it copyrighted material?
Not trying to be a buzzkill or a whistle blower, but they are so obviously copied and pasted bulletins from Service information. Every bulletin has a copyright notice on the bottom (which had been left off of these) and should not be reproduced for mass distribution, personal gain or not. And also note, that many bulletins start with the letters "PI", which stands for Preliminary Investigation. These are bulletins that have not been 100% validated and therefore have not made it to bulletin status. PI's are not to be released to the public, because they represent interm fixes until either a better fix can be established or the current fix can be validated. We used to have to call Technical Assistance to get PI information, but all the techs whined (including me) that we needed the information sooner for better costumer satisfaction, so they released them on Service Information, and now this is where it ends up.

I'm just throwing this out there so you know. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts