GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an 08 Saturn Outlook with 22" Boss Motorsport wheels wrapped with 265/45/22 Yokohama Prada tires. The wheels fit perfectly, the ride is smooth and still quiet like the factory equipment. I replaced the factory grille with a billet grille because the factory grille had a huge hideous Saturn symbol on it. All windows have matching tint and the interior is black leather. I love it. Looks good in the sunlight but at night really looks slick.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks great. :thumb: The 22"s really fill up the wheel wells nicely. Billet grille looks awesome. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nice looking vehicle!

Good choice in wheels!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I like the wheels but the grill IMHO makes it look too Chrysler Pacifica in the front end.

·
Registered
117 Posts
held4ransom said:
let me know your opinions :beer: thanks

I don't like it..... :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Sorry but I am not a fan of the grill.... Looks to big meaning High.
Glad you like it though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am a stock kinda guy. I don't like mods in general. However, I do like the wheels better than any I have seen. Nice Car. (or is that truck?) :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I like the style of the wheels, but do not like anything over 18" or so on a vehicle due to the greatly reduced sidewalls on the tires. The large diameter does not appeal to me visually as well. Being a form follows function type, IMO the only reason to put larger wheels on a vehicle is to clear larger diameter brake rotors and larger calipers. I'm not real big on aesthetics, i.e. doing this just for looks.

Neutral on the grille, but can see the Pacifica in it since DSNY made that comment.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I like the style of the wheels, but do not like anything over 18" or so on a vehicle due to the greatly reduced sidewalls on the tires. The large diameter does not appeal to me visually as well. Being a form follows function type, IMO the only reason to put larger wheels on a vehicle is to clear larger diameter brake rotors and larger calipers. I'm not real big on aesthetics, i.e. doing this just for looks.

Neutral on the grille, but can see the Pacifica in it since DSNY made that comment.
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the grill.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks good! I like the grill, It makes it look agressive. I do see the Pacifica as mentioned from the previous post. If I may make a suggestion.. Since you have black wheels, maybe you can get the grill powder coated black to veer off from the Pacifica look. Just my 2cents.
As for the wheels.. Good size. You covered alot of the wheel well gap. I personally whould have chosen a wheel design that were not so Racer like look. Something that wouldn't show the guts behind the wheel. Having 22" on with so much open space between each spoke makes the the break rotors and calipers look dinky!.. If your going for that Racer -OR- Sporty look you may as well drop it a couple inches... If you do that then I'll have a Jaw Dropping reaction. :eek:
again just my opinion. Over all your ride looks good! First I've seen!

How about adding the Butterfly Doors?? ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
GAR said:
I am a stock kinda guy. I don't like mods in general.
Me too ... I'm rather obsessive-compulsive about keeping my cars "stock"... I went to some ridiculous lengths when my town decided we needed window stickers to park on the street - cut a piece of plexiglass, mounted it in the window, and managed to get myself a ticket for "improper display of parking decal".... All because I don't want to affix a sticker to the window.

Anywho - the wheels look good, but I'm not wild about the grill.. I kinda prefer the stock grill - why not go for the Cadillac look (there are some pics floating around of a Cadillac Acadia :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whoa, my favorite out of all these is the butterfly doors! That would be wild on a vehicle like this.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love the wheels...Simple yet fits the vehicle nicely. Looks good against the Red and ties in the lower black cladding well. Nice to finally see pictures of a Lambda with Black wheels.

I have to agree however on the grille. I like billet grilles on certain vehicles, but this is just too big of a grille to work well. One poster suggested painting it black, but maybe another consideration would be to have it powdercoated or painted to match the red of the car. But hey, it's your car and you need to be happy with it, not all of us. I modify my cars all the time too, and too often hear criticism I don't like to hear. But in the end if your happy then who cares.

I will say that I am beginning to regret the wheel purchase I made. I should have followed my gut and went with black wheels and had them paint matched.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I like the wheels, they look pretty sharp. :thumb:

Not so much on the grille. Just my opinion though, its your car. ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts