GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL - don't we wish. The sadest days I have are trying to get that ANEMIC V6(Singer Sewing Machine noise and not getting anywhere - now) to pass another car on the highway. Come on GM, don't go under... listen to us,eh?!

The engine has the bottom-end, yet the mid-range and top-end lack oomph (engineers were sleeping). I mean my '83 GTI with 90HP when it was stock had more frickin' balls.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
I think you need to start www. more_power_for_myacadia.com or perhaps www. V8Acadia.com :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Actually, I would like a little more info. Where did you see this, what is the displacement. will it have the cylinder cutoffs etc. My first thought is that it is a bit of overkill. I would like a real efficient v-8 at around 325-350 ponies (I think that would fit my lust for power). other thoughts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Sandman,
3rd timer is being humorous. There are no plans to do this, it is wishful thinking on his part. He is one of those guys that likes more power in their vehicles and tends to modify it to accomplish this goal.

I wonder how difficult it would be to get a Gen 4 V8 in there?

Did I say that out loud? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
I think that's one car that Mrs. Blue might be just a little upset if you started switching engines! ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Yeah, we already had that discussion. If you've ever seen the pilot of Home Improvement, it went something like when Jill said to Tim "Don't touch the dishwasher!" Tim then got a Binford Blastmaster compressor and rewired the dishwasher for more power with predictable consequences!

One of my favorite shows, and for some trivia, Tim Allen's first car was a Corvair! His character had one on the show for a short period of time in one episode. Then he went to the dark side and started buying F**ds. :( He is a car guy in real life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
I love that show. It is a good one to let the kids watch. We were watching it the other day and I thought of your garage. It was the one where Tim sold his Hotrod to the Pizza King and he went to his house to buy it back. I think it was Jay Leno's actual garage, he was in it cleaning the cars. You only need a few more cars to get to his size!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Unfortunately the garage stays the same size. I've decided to sell my BMW wagon to make way for the Challenger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Well they seemed to have introduced the lamba platform in most of their brands. If you want 400 hp, my guess is you are going to have buy the Cadillac. I wonder when it's going to be brought over the the Cadillac brand?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
JasonM said:
I wonder when it's going to be brought over the the Cadillac brand?
Before all the crap hit the fan, Cadillac was supposed to get a crossover based on the next gen Theta platform (Equinox/Torrent).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
19inches said:
May be GM would be better off to just make Acadias!
Agreed. Maybe they should downsize to:

Chevy: Cars
GMC: Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers
Cadillac: Luxury lineup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
GeoHawk said:
19inches said:
May be GM would be better off to just make Acadias!
Agreed. Maybe they should downsize to:

Chevy: Cars
GMC: Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers
Cadillac: Luxury lineup
I like this setup. Let's dream.... Who do you tnink will stay Tahoe or Yukon? Acadia or Traverse? Sierra or Silverado?

On all these I like the style and offerings of the GMC better except for the Silverado. But I know it's not apples to apples
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Chop-Chop said:
I like this setup. Let's dream.... Who do you tnink will stay Tahoe or Yukon? Acadia or Traverse? Sierra or Silverado?

On all these I like the style and offerings of the GMC better except for the Silverado. But I know it's not apples to apples
Actually I like the Tahoe by just a bit, the Acadia (by a long way  ;D ), and just the front end of the Sierra but the Silverado from there on back (but I'd buy either over any other truck).  I'm thinking GM doesn't need to try to be all things to all potential buyers.  It just doesn't seem feasible.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
GeoHawk said:
19inches said:
May be GM would be better off to just make Acadias!
Agreed. Maybe they should downsize to:

Chevy: Cars <---Yes, need to keep the Corvette, and the next one should have the styling and engine access of the 63-67 model![/color]
GMC: Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers <--- Sounds good to me, it is what they mainly do anyway, so little cost involved here.[/color]
Cadillac: Luxury lineup <--- Another good choice. Could incorporate some Buick styling & wood trim to retain those buyers.[/color]
In addition, Chevy could incorporate some Pontiac features to retain those buyers. I know many owners are marque sensitive, but something is better than nothing. I've owned an "orphan" car for over 30 years now & with the exception of the Durango, every model I own is no longer made, although the makers are still in business.

EDIT
Geo, how do you feel about changing the first letter of your user name to C, dropping the hawk, and moving to Detroit for a new job? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
GeoHawk said:
Agreed.  Maybe they should downsize to:

Chevy:  Cars <---Yes, need to keep the Corvette, and the next one should have the styling and engine access of the 63-67 model![/color]
GMC:  Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers <--- Sounds good to me, it is what they mainly do anyway, so little cost involved here.[/color]
Cadillac:  Luxury lineup <--- Another good choice. Could incorporate some Buick styling & wood trim to retain those buyers.[/color]
In addition, Chevy could incorporate some Pontiac features to retain those buyers. I know many owners are marque sensitive, but something is better than nothing. I've owned an "orphan" car for over 30 years now & with the exception of the Durango, every model I own is no longer made, although the makers are still in business.

EDIT
Geo, how do you feel about changing the first letter of your user name to C, dropping the hawk, and moving to Detroit for a new job? :)
There's no reason Chevrolet would have to keep the current line-up either.  Take the best from each of the brands, just a couple quick thoughts: 

Keep Malibu- Ditch Aura and G6
Keep G8 - Ditch Impala (not platform mates but similar in size)
Keep Solstice - Ditch Sky
Definitely keep Corvette
Ditch Cobalt and G5 - Keep Astra or get the Cruze in place ASAP

Just thinking out loud.   :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
I agree with the thinking, but I am sure GM is not on the same page. They are bringing out a Pontiac version of the Chevy Aveo which will be the G3. http://www.pontiac.com/showFutureG3.do

There goes the "performance division" idea. At least my Vibe won't be the worst performing Pontiac. :)
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top