GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went looking at a Saturn Outlook the other day because I was in the area. I noticed that 2 of them had the Titanium interior and one with the tan interior. All of the seats had marks on them already! These are brand new cars. I'm not sure why GM doesn't get this, but Titanium is TOO LIGHT a color for interior seats, because they stain so easily. So GM I have a suggestion on new interior choices that would keep the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave/Travers fresh:

1) A 2-tone titanium/gray interior with gray seats, gray grab handles, but titanium on the lower door panels, headliners, etc. In other words, use the darker gray (which won't show the stains as much) on everything you touch.

2) What about a chocolate/tan interior? I saw this on a GMC Yukon. Instead of a black dash, use a chocolate colored dash, seats, grab handles. Tan for the lower interior panels, headliner, etc.

3) What about a leatherette option (2-tone of course) that would hold up better than leather???

I really like the Acadia/Outlook/Traverse/Enclave interiors, but every light Titanium I have seen has been dirty. I don't mind all-gray, but 2-tone interiors look nicer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That's a shame that the dealers are not keeping the cars clean. I personally love the Titanium interior and have had no trouble keeping it clean. I think it looks sharp. I would not have wanted them to not have this color as an option just because it can get dirty. If they made color options just because they show the dirt and not based on being **** looking, then they would not have many dark exterior colors as they look dirty after one rain.

I do think though that they could have given another color somewhere between the really light Titanium and the Ebony black. I also like your idea of a two tone option.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, does anyone know if GM offers the tan interior in the Acadia, even as a special order? The reason I ask is that I saw a few Saturn Outlooks at the dealership with Titanium interior - just like the Acadia. When I went to the Saturn site to "build" one, the Titanium interior color is NOT there. So if GM offers it in the Outlook, perhaps they offer the tan in the Acadia? Anyone from GM reading this please respond. Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I too wish they had a tan option for the interior...the titanium is too light. But leave the top of the dash dark...a tan dash gives you a very bad glare on the windshield. The first thing I noticed when checking out the Ford Edge when I was looking was the bad glare from their caramel colored dash.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
gig229 said:
BTW, does anyone know if GM offers the tan interior in the Acadia, even as a special order? The reason I ask is that I saw a few Saturn Outlooks at the dealership with Titanium interior - just like the Acadia. When I went to the Saturn site to "build" one, the Titanium interior color is NOT there. So if GM offers it in the Outlook, perhaps they offer the tan in the Acadia? Anyone from GM reading this please respond. Thanks!
The titanium color IS available on the Outlook and always has been. Saturn just doesn't call it titanium - they just call it gray. The same way the exterior colors are exactly the same but just renamed between brands (Saturn Ocean Mist = GMC Blue-Gold, Saturn Cocoa = GMC Medium Brown, etc.)

You cannot order an Acadia with a tan interior. If you want tan you'll have to go with an Outlook or Enclave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts