GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I test drove an Acadia today one last time before I ordered (which I did). I could do about anything I wanted on the Nav unit while driving.

Touch POI - filter for hotels and gas stations - seach for "close by", select one for routing. All this while driving down the road. :jaw:

Is this normal? If so, what's all the fuss about being locked out?

This unit did not have the DVD, so I can't testify on that issue. I asked the salesman, and he was sure what the lockout was about either as another customer told him he could do the same thing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It won't let you type in an address.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The GM LockPick fixes all of the "safety" features that keeps you from being able to enjoy all of the features of all of the systems all of the time. i just installed it in my '08 tonight. 10 minutes to install, and it works like a charm!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rockedaway said:
The GM LockPick fixes all of the "safety" features that keeps you from being able to enjoy all of the features of all of the systems all of the time. i just installed it in my '08 tonight. 10 minutes to install, and it works like a charm!!!
I know the lockpick "unlocks" these safety features. I just could not figure out what the safety features were as I was able to to everything on the NAV in my test drive that I would imagine I would want to do. I could search, locate POI's, re-route, change views, etc. Granted, I did not try to "type in an address" while moving. But I can't imagine the need to type in an address while driving. Where would I get the address from even...at that point.

Seems like no big deal to me. I could just enter that address before I leave or when I stop for a break.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another thing that you cannot do while the car is in motion is "scroll" down POI lists. There have been a few occassions where this has been an issue for me, such as when I was looking for a specific bank ATM nearby, and the Nav wouldn't let me scroll down the list to find my own bank so I could avoid service charges.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another very handy feature that you cannot do while the vehicle is in motion is type in something specific. For example, while you are driving on the interstate and maybe you want to stop at the nearest Red Lobster or Longhorn Steak house. Yeah, you could click on every POI icon to see whats behind the "hidden door". But wouldn't it be easier if you just typed in Red L and let the system return everything that matches? VERY USEFUL. Once youve used that feature, clicking on those little POI icons becomes VERY slow and frustrating. Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts