I found this on the GM Media website:
Link

# GMC Overview
# New for 2009
# Models
# Press Release
# Specifications
# Download Word Document

When I saved it as a Word document (attached) and looked at the properties, here is the title under which it started life:
Saturn today unveiled the all-new Outlook crossover SUV at the New York Auto Show

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
From that document.....

• Bluetooth phone connectivity - Available with OnStar 8.0; it enables safer, hands-free calls

I wonder if that means you have to have the OnStar subscription to get the blue tooth, or if the new 8.0 hardware is what enables the bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno... I'm too long in the tooth to really want a cell phone. I don't want to be bothered when I'm doing one of my favorite things like driving or eating at a restaurant. Now that I think about it, I just don't want to be bothered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth phone connectivity - Available with OnStar 8.0; it enables safer, hands-free calls

Did anyone ever get the real scoop on this topic. I have verizon, and I know that I can use blue tooth if I get the phone system activated,, but what if I do not. Can I still use my blue tooth devices and phones? I called verizon, and they directed me to OnStar. Onstar indicated that I "may" need service with them for it to work... however.. it should if I have a digital system. I current have a 2002 Envoy, which I am keeping, cause I love it and with its 179,000 miles with a combined avg of 19 mpg. But it has a analog OnStar system,, so now that I am buying a new Acadia,, I was just wondering also.

Hey,, also can anyone share with me if the 2008 or 2009 Acadia has a actual miles per gallon indicator like the Envoys had. I use that thing constantly, and I found just the slighest adjustment of my foot means the difference between getting 24 mpg on the highway,, or 12 mpg on the highway!!!! This is an absolutely GREAT option,,, but I heard it is no longer offered.. please share with me if you know.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
dtatum1 said:
Hey,, also can anyone share with me if the 2008 or 2009 Acadia has a actual miles per gallon indicator like the Envoys had. I use that thing constantly, and I found just the slighest adjustment of my foot means the difference between getting 24 mpg on the highway,, or 12 mpg on the highway!!!! This is an absolutely GREAT option,,, but I heard it is no longer offered.. please share with me if you know.
Nope. Unfortunately this is one that they missed. You only get the average since you last reset the mpg reading.

·
Registered
487 Posts
sadida011 said:
wow

RPO
Code B86 , body-color bodyside

cant wait to see this
I don't think this is new, I believe they are talking about the bumper strip on the door not the plastic on the rockers. It looks like on the SLE it will not be body colored and on SLT it will be. If you look at the standard and optional equipment for 2008 and 2009 you will see the difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BT and OnStar..

My e-mail to GM:

Just read the specs about Acadia 2009 and I’m interested specially in the new engine, the HUD and the bluetooth availability. I live in Puerto Rico and here OnStar isn’t available (hope we have it someday).

My only concern is; do I need to have the OnStar 8.0 service activated (impossible down here) to use the bluetooth feature?

Thanks for your time. I’m trying to decide between the Honda Odyssey Touring and the Acadia SLT-2 loaded.

---
GM response on 7/21/08

Hello Luis:

Thanks for your interest in the 2009 GMC Acadia.

In response to your question, OnStar and bluetooth feature are totally separate. You do not have to have OnStar activated to use bluetooth, which is paired to your cell phone.

Best regards,

Jim Burke
GM Communications

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good first post! Thanks for filling us in on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts