GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several places on this site about a $1000 GM Card "bonus". I have not gotten any advertisement from them on this (have had a card for years, have the "old" card with no limits).
Does anybody have any details on this, thanks!! ;)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It appears that whether GM offers you the bonus or not depends on how much earnings you already have accrued. For example, I have about $3300 earned on my "old" GM Card and I have not been offered the bonus. From reading these forums, it seems the cutoff may be around $1500. If you have more earnings built up than that, that's probably why you haven't received the offer.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My mother got it, and she never really has that big of an earnings bonus, but has had it for a few years now. Sometimes it's just completely random, and other times people say they base it on data of what cars you currently own and/or information you've requested about new models.

Problem with us is, once it was right AFTER she bought one truck, then later again, and now she has the $1000 bonus on top again until about mid March, but really no idea if it'll even be considered for use--I kept it just in case.

Also, that said, there was a glut of people who also got separate bonus mailings about a month ago, but I don't think we got one of those.

·
Registered
518 Posts
loach said:
It appears that whether GM offers you the bonus or not depends on how much earnings you already have accrued. For example, I have about $3300 earned on my "old" GM Card and I have not been offered the bonus. From reading these forums, it seems the cutoff may be around $1500. If you have more earnings built up than that, that's probably why you haven't received the offer.
My mother used my earnings last spring. I only have a few hundred dollars on mine now and I received the offer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was told by the Redemption Center that the bonus points are part of a quarterly promotion. And, they are not random, but sent as part of a targeted marketing effort. In order to increase your chances of being targeted, he indicated that you could request GM vehicle info (the mailers) via their website, fill out any surveys they sponsor, etc.

In fact, I called the Redemption Center last month to complain about not being able to use my Supplier Discount w/ points. I received a call from their survey company a week later and provided feedback for the call experience. A few weeks later I got the bonus. I've also received surveys when finding a dealer through gmbuypower.com.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys! Thanks for the input, makes sense, I have about $2200 coming on the card so if they are targeting they would probably not want to add more discount. I will call up the Redemption center as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jrocco001 said:
I was told by the Redemption Center that the bonus points are part of a quarterly promotion. And, they are not random, but sent as part of a targeted marketing effort. In order to increase your chances of being targeted, he indicated that you could request GM vehicle info (the mailers) via their website, fill out any surveys they sponsor, etc.

In fact, I called the Redemption Center last month to complain about not being able to use my Supplier Discount w/ points. I received a call from their survey company a week later and provided feedback for the call experience. A few weeks later I got the bonus. I've also received surveys when finding a dealer through gmbuypower.com.
I also got the Bonus Earnings promotion. I have access to the Supplier Discount but the Bonus promotion has a note in very small print that you cannot combine the two. Would have been nice to combine my GM card earnings, the Supplier discount, the Bonus, and the $500 rebate, but that would have been too good to be true :mad:

·
Registered
315 Posts
jrocco001 said:

Precisely. From time to time, I request information and brochures on different new vehicles, and that's usually a big part of where these things stem from.

·
Registered
458 Posts
caddycruiser said:
jrocco001 said:

Precisely. From time to time, I request information and brochures on different new vehicles, and that's usually a big part of where these things stem from.
Here's a good one. I requested a brochure on the Acadia...and received a 2007 Cadillac CTS brochure in the mail instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts