GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this is old information, but last night when picking up our new Acadia, my salesperson told me that GM is a few months away from releasing an iPod connector that will charge and allow you to access the iPod content via the nav screen. Sounds like a must have accessory!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Unfortunately, it's been "a few months away" for about two years now. I've kind of given up on it. :sosad:

Kelly

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I've heard the same thing about the GM cable. Something is different for the 2009 radio- possibly due to the Bluetooth. I bought the Scosche AXIPGMLAN interface for the Ipod & it does not work like it does in the 2008 models. I have a post about it in the Audio/Video section.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Funny, I work for a GM dealer and I see no such cable for any model. The only cable we have is p/n 88965274

Portable Music Player Interface Cables
Expand your listening pleasure with a portable music player interface cable. Now your portable music device can be played directly on the vehicle audio system for the ultimate in music personalization. This interface cable connects the headphone jack on your portable music player to the auxiliary jack on your car stereo system.Single Cable
Price: $10.97

I will keep my eye out for such a cable and post it up when it comes out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. Perhaps this cable is too good to be true! I would buy one in an instant for any price, so I'm surprised that it's not an available option. I'm sure it would be super popular.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Last year I remember seeing the demo shown below for a different GM vehicle. I also remember reading that GM uses 3 different electrical systems in their vehicles (3 different line voltages). The PAL was created for one of the three. Looks like the engineers never got around to creating PAL's for the other two voltage systems (including the Lambda).

Demo of PAL - control the iPod through your GM radio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDqktd_HNo

·
Registered
423 Posts
the scosche one is just what you guys are looking for. the only difference will be the name stamped on the cord i bet. it charges and lets you nav from the touch screen. if i was scosche and i had the patent, i wouldnt give it up unless there was a lot of money. kind of like inventing the windshield wiper ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
blue, you wanna sell the scosche cable? its the one that hooks to the xm box right?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Ambiguity-
No, because the Scosche dude said I could get it to work once they tested the 2009 models. If not, I'll exchange it with them for what they have that does work.

Sure, being a greedy capitalist, cost + 25%! :D

Freakout in: 4[/color]

·
Registered
423 Posts
thats just being a business man. i also being a business man, i will wait for when the scosche people drop the ball and you put it on ebay, j/k :thumb:
did you order that from scosche or from a distributor?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
After reading Jake's thread, I found it at Buy.com for the best price, I forget the name of the shop that actually had it.

BTW, I gave up selling on that place after 7 years- it just got too bad to deal with, that is another rant/soapbox for another time.

Freakout in: 2[/color]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts