GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler just announced new incentives of 0% for 72 months or $4500 cash back (up from $2250) in addition to the cash for clunkers program on most 2009 models. Apparently they are trying to make room for the 2010 models. Anyone (insiders) know if GM will match this?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I just browsed the Dodge website (for Florida), apparently it has not been updated yet. The comparable CUV there is the Journey. They are listing $2000 for the SE (base, comparable to SLE) and $3000 for the SXT/RT (mid/top level, SLT1/2). For other models, they are up to $5500 for an '08 Durango, $5000 for an '09 Ram 2500, $4000 for the V8 Chargers, and 0 for the Challenger.

I also did not see the 0% financing offer. On some it said "low APR" plus varying amounts of cash.

The only mention I saw of $4500 was:
Get Up to $4,500[1] For trading in your eligible old, gas-guzzling vehicle and getting into a new, more fuel-efficient one through November 1, 2009. ;D

I Googled "Dodge incentives" as well and didn't see anything different. What is the source of this information?

[1] The CARS program ;D is a government run program ;D and its rules are subject to change. Program runs through November 1, 2009 or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. You do not need a voucher, dealer will apply credit at time of purchase. The vehicle that you are trading in is required to be recycled and / or destroyed. Therefore, the value you negotiate with the dealer for your trade in is not likely to exceed its scrap value. The law requires the dealer to disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in vehicle. Please see cars.gov ;D for full rules and qualifications. Images shown may not represent actual vehicle and its options. Please see your local dealer details regarding program eligibility.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
All depends on inventory levels which I hear Chrysler has an abundance of.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
[1] The CARS program ;D is a government run program ;D and its rules are subject to change. Program runs through November 1, 2009 or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. You do not need a voucher, dealer will apply credit at time of purchase. The vehicle that you are trading in is required to be recycled and / or destroyed.[/color] Therefore, the value you negotiate with the dealer for your trade in is not likely to exceed its scrap value. The law requires the dealer to disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in vehicle. Please see cars.gov ;D for full rules and qualifications. Images shown may not represent actual vehicle and its options. Please see your local dealer details regarding program eligibility.
This part disgusts me to no end; so much for replacement parts for people that want to hold on to their "clunkers"

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
While I don't care for yet another government mandate ;D, the fine print of the law specifies only the engine and drivetrain are to be destroyed. Not that this will prevent the rest from being destroyed as well.

I wrote to my elected officials about this, since in many cases, they are throwing out the baby with the bath water since the transmissions are overdrive units and do not differ significantly from those in modern vehicles. It also concerned me since I recycle truck motors and those "clunker" transmissions into foreign cars. As you noted, less supply= higher prices and harder to find.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
While I don't care for yet another government mandate ;D, the fine print of the law specifies only the engine and drivetrain are to be destroyed. Not that this will prevent the rest from being destroyed as well.

I wrote to my elected officials about this, since in many cases, they are throwing out the baby with the bath water since the transmissions are overdrive units and do not differ significantly from those in modern vehicles. It also concerned me since I recycle truck motors and those "clunker" transmissions into foreign cars. As you noted, less supply= higher prices and harder to find.
I would think the entire car would be stripped and destroyed; I have seen some dealerships here in TX offering as much as $4500 for clunkers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I just browsed the Dodge website (for Florida), apparently it has not been updated yet. The comparable CUV there is the Journey. They are listing $2000 for the SE (base, comparable to SLE) and $3000 for the SXT/RT (mid/top level, SLT1/2). For other models, they are up to $5500 for an '08 Durango, $5000 for an '09 Ram 2500, $4000 for the V8 Chargers, and 0 for the Challenger.

I also did not see the 0% financing offer. On some it said "low APR" plus varying amounts of cash.

The only mention I saw of $4500 was:
Get Up to $4,500[1] For trading in your eligible old, gas-guzzling vehicle and getting into a new, more fuel-efficient one through November 1, 2009. ;D

I Googled "Dodge incentives" as well and didn't see anything different. What is the source of this information?

[1] The CARS program ;D is a government run program ;D and its rules are subject to change. Program runs through November 1, 2009 or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. You do not need a voucher, dealer will apply credit at time of purchase. The vehicle that you are trading in is required to be recycled and / or destroyed. Therefore, the value you negotiate with the dealer for your trade in is not likely to exceed its scrap value. The law requires the dealer to disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in vehicle. Please see cars.gov ;D for full rules and qualifications. Images shown may not represent actual vehicle and its options. Please see your local dealer details regarding program eligibility.

It was all over the news yesterday. Here is just one link.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090723/BUSINESS01/907230389/Chrysler-offers-rebates--free-loans

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thanks for the link, car maker websites always seem to lag. Some things never change:

There is no rebate on the Dodge Challenger sports car...
Just as well, they can't seem to build enough of them anyway.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Thanks for the link, car maker websites always seem to lag. Some things never change:

Just as well, they can't seem to build enough of them anyway.
How do you like the Challenger? From a distance, it looks quite similar to the new Camaro. Both very sharp.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I love it. While it doesn't have the get up & go of my Chevy powered cars, it is a nice comfortable ride with all sorts of gadgets like a nav (with working voice command AND ipod interface ;)) with a built-in hard drive so I can store music & a few pictures.

The only thing I didn't like was that it ran really hot from the factory (203+) but I took care of that with a HD radiator, 185 degree thermostat, and an external oil cooler.

I'm averaging 20.3~20.8 MPG with it (5.7L V8 & 6 speed manual), which is really something since my smaller 5.9L Durango averages about 12-13 in the same traffic patterns. It is a large and heavy car. I fell in love with the Challenger (kind of like Web with the new Camaro) back in 1970 when my dad was buying a new Charger and I got to sit in one. I couldn't believe Dodge was making them again so I jumped on the chance to buy one. Mrs. Blue is happy I have a reliable car to drive, so it has been a win-win. :)

Your styling assessment is not universally shared here:
Speleos:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4399.msg79266#msg79266
Web:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4399.msg79276#msg79276

Sorry about the hijack!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I love it. While it doesn't have the get up & go of my Chevy powered cars, it is a nice comfortable ride with all sorts of gadgets like a nav (with working voice command AND ipod interface ;)) with a built-in hard drive so I can store music & a few pictures.

The only thing I didn't like was that it ran really hot from the factory (203+) but I took care of that with a HD radiator, 185 degree thermostat, and an external oil cooler.

I'm averaging 20.3~20.8 MPG with it (5.7L V8 & 6 speed manual), which is really something since my smaller 5.9L Durango averages about 12-13 in the same traffic patterns. It is a large and heavy car. I fell in love with the Challenger (kind of like Web with the new Camaro) back in 1970 when my dad was buying a new Charger and I got to sit in one. I couldn't believe Dodge was making them again so I jumped on the chance to buy one. Mrs. Blue is happy I have a reliable car to drive, so it has been a win-win. :)

Your styling assessment is not universally shared here:
Speleos:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4399.msg79266#msg79266
Web:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4399.msg79276#msg79276

Sorry about the hijack!
Wow - V8 and 6 speed stick - must be lots of fun to drive. It's gorgeous. Maybe when my kids finish college, I can treat myself. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts