GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got word today that GM has agreed to replace my Acadia. The only problem now, I can not find either my primary color (Brown metallic) or secondary color (carbon black) with the options I want. Anyone who has had their Acadia replaced, did they let you look at other GM products, or were you limited to sticking with the Acadia?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
cmg27 said:
I got word today that GM has agreed to replace my Acadia. The only problem now, I can not find either my primary color (Brown metallic) or secondary color (carbon black) with the options I want. Anyone who has had their Acadia replaced, did they let you look at other GM products, or were you limited to sticking with the Acadia?
Why are they replacing it? How did you get them to replace it?

Can you order one? or dealer swap?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not asked about ordering one yet, but dealer swap is not an option, they did a search w/ 1000 mile radius and could not find one. They replaced it due to some vibration problems they were unable to resolve that have been ongoing for over a year.

I was wondering if they would maybe let me swap it for an enclave as the dealer near me has 4 w/ the colors/options I want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
cmg27 said:
I was wondering if they would maybe let me swap it for an enclave as the dealer near me has 4 w/ the colors/options I want.
There is only one way to find out! ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
If a like-for-like swap means $ instead of nameplate, why wouldn't they go for it just to make you happy and keep your GM customer loyalty? That is unless you made an *** of yourself and they want to put you in a F**d.

Only kidding cmg! :angel:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am waiting for them to get back to me. Still can not find an acadia in the color / options I want, found one that is close, but do not really want the black interior. Did however find 3 enclaves that have what I want for basically the same price as the acadia down the street so waiting to see what they say.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
If you get an Enclave; maybe it will have the articulating headlights :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am I being unreasonable to want the car with the options I already paid for in a color combination I want? They keep finding me colors I am not interested in. I am trying to be flexible by telling them they don't need one with the trailering package (i never use it) or by looking to one of the sister cars, but I like what colors I like, can't help it.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
cmg27 said:
Am I being unreasonable to want the car with the options I already paid for in a color combination I want? They keep finding me colors I am not interested in. I am trying to be flexible by telling them they don't need one with the trailering package (i never use it) or by looking to one of the sister cars, but I like what colors I like, can't help it.
A vehicle's color is one of the most important options, IMHO. If I'm not going to order a vehicle, I'll have a primary color plus 1 or maybe 2 alternates. I wouldn't consider getting one in a color I didn't like. Stick to your guns cmg.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
cmg27 said:
Am I being unreasonable to want the car with the options I already paid for in a color combination I want? They keep finding me colors I am not interested in. I am trying to be flexible by telling them they don't need one with the trailering package (I never use it) or by looking to one of the sister cars, but I like what colors I like, can't help it.
Do you have a time limit on the deal? If not, I'd wait & see if something closer to what you want will turn up in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My time limit is to close this out before GM declare bankruptcy. They have not put a time limit on it. They just told me I can trade for the enclave but its going to cost me more money... why? I have no idea, the MSRPs are within 400 of each other, and the car is in the state I live in, the Acadia they want to give me is over 300 miles away. I think they are being stupid at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
How much is the difference? How many miles on your Acadia & how old is it? I've read here on buybacks that the members end up paying the difference due to use. A search for "buyback" may turn up some of them and you could see how they've made out as a point of reference.

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
How much is the difference? How many miles on your Acadia & how old is it? I've read here on buybacks that the members end up paying the difference due to use. A search for "buyback" may turn up some of them and you could see how they've made out as a point of reference.
You gotta be fair about the whole thing. No buyback plan will ever compensate for lost time, "pain and suffering," or other self-defined inconveniences. They have no idea how to tell whether some of the problems were really with their product or were complaintant-caused issues because he beat the crap out of the vehicle to break what he didn't like about it. If the vehicle their offering you is new, you're making out pretty darned well for a few extra bucks.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
cmg27 said:
My time limit is to close this out before GM declare bankruptcy. They have not put a time limit on it. They just told me I can trade for the enclave but its going to cost me more money... why? I have no idea, the MSRPs are within 400 of each other, and the car is in the state I live in, the Acadia they want to give me is over 300 miles away. I think they are being stupid at this point.
OK here's my 2 pennies, #1. they will make it easier for you to stay with GMC than to switch brands and #2. you will have to pay for some usage ( how you negotiate is up to you) because you did get use the vehicle before the issue. I just went through a replacement last fall, not fun!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Under the Lemon Law in the state I live, they are not able to collect a usage fee on a replacement, only on a repurchase.

Part of my feels like I am being unreasonable, but I am trying to be flexible on the options. On the other hand, for over 40K that I paid to purchase my Acadia, I feel I should have the color I want, and if I were to go buy a new Acadia right now, there are only 2 colors I would consider and only 1 interior color I would pick.

I feel like I am being forced to settle for a color I don't want and will then be stuck with for the 10 years we planned on keeping the car.

ARGH!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You're in a tough position; saddled by the fact you paid 40K for your vehicle and you want as close to a replacement as you can. I guess you need to evaluate what is most important to you and that seems like vehicle exterior and interior color. For me I would settle for something that I can live with especially if it's new.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
So they can't replace it with one off the line (i.e. build you one- still have at least a month of production)? Based on your state's laws, I'd say this should fly. It shouldn't be any cost to the dealer since they aren't the manufacturer, unless the dealer has agreed to the replacement and is footing the cost (this would be very unusual). I'd even offer the $735 destination fee if it meant getting a new one the way you want it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
cmg27 said:
Under the Lemon Law in the state I live, they are not able to collect a usage fee on a replacement, only on a repurchase.

Part of my feels like I am being unreasonable, but I am trying to be flexible on the options. On the other hand, for over 40K that I paid to purchase my Acadia, I feel I should have the color I want, and if I were to go buy a new Acadia right now, there are only 2 colors I would consider and only 1 interior color I would pick.

I feel like I am being forced to settle for a color I don't want and will then be stuck with for the 10 years we planned on keeping the car.

ARGH!!
A few things..

Where are you? update your profile, and we can start searching and see if we can help locate one. What options style are you looking for?
What is your dealers allotment, and how many do they have in stock, and how many on order.... When are the on order ones coming in? Can they change a previous stock order with one of your liking?

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
cmg27 said:

ARGH!!
bonk1313 said:
A few things..

Where are you? update your profile, and we can start searching and see if we can help locate one. What options style are you looking for?
What is your dealers allotment, and how many do they have in stock, and how many on order.... When are the on order ones coming in? Can they change a previous stock order with one of your liking?
cmg, you got a lot of things to think about here. bonk appears to be telling you that 'where there's a will...' and you can get into the Acadia that YOU choose. Some of us in the large metro areas can start helping you search for it. Don't keep us in the dark, here! (no emoticon quite fits)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im looking for either a Metallic Brown or Carbon Black with titanium interior with the following minimum options

SLT2
NAV
Sunroof
19" Wheels
Entertainment System
HID Lamps

1 - 20 of 71 Posts