GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys in new around here and after some searching and not finding my answer i decided to start my own post so my question is Do all the GM functions (Chimes, On-Star, etc. etc.) work with the after market systems? im thinking about gettin an aftermarket nav system put in with ipod intergraton, and back up camara. thanks for your help. o and i plan on buying an 09 Acadia in a few weeks :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have not done an exhaustive evaluation of all aftermarket products, but every one I have seen so far has at least one thing that you will loose. It seems like all of them work with the chimes, but things like the XM radio, On-Star TBT, On-Star, DVD entertainment, etc. may or may not work depending on the model you get.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
With the right interfaces/wiring harnesses, you will retain chimes & Onstar. You will definitely lose factory XM, but you can add XM or Sirius back if you want using an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
jessica873 said:
hey guys in new around here and after some searching and not finding my answer i decided to start my own post so my question is Do all the GM functions (Chimes, On-Star, etc. etc.) work with the after market systems? im thinking about gettin an aftermarket nav system put in with ipod intergraton, and back up camara. thanks for your help. o and i plan on buying an 09 Acadia in a few weeks :thumb:
When I installed my Kenwood unit in my Enclave last fall, I had an interface installed with the unit for retention of steering wheel controls, Sirius, and Bose system/rear DVD. Everything factory still works like ONSTAR, the builtin cell phone, backup warnings. Turn by turn will not be downloadable to the aftermarket unit, but I seriously doubt you'll miss it.

Rex

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys. i am not sure which model they will put in. when i go to the audio store we will have that talk but i think it will be a kenwood. again thanks :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a Pioneer F900BT installed with a module to allow factory Bluetooth and even factory XM...All chimes and steering wheel functions work..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Scott Seely said:
I had a Pioneer F900BT installed with a module to allow factory Bluetooth and even factory XM...All chimes and steering wheel functions work..
You really kept factory XM (didn't have to add another XM module)? Do you know the name/model # of the interface they used?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts