GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsumerGoodsAndRetailNews/idUSN0350657320080903

I don't know about you all but I kind of feel hosed. I am still stationed in Korea and just sent the check for my 08 model. I called the dealership and asked if I could cancel the payment and get the 2009 model and she says that she already sent the info to GM about making the vehicle mine. The check can't be cashed right now so I got some time. I really want to get an 09 model and it seems that now I have an opportunity. BTW, I haven't signed any paperwork from the dealership. Do I have to keep this vehicle if I haven't paid for it yet? Is two months enough time for GM to make this vehicle and deliver it to me in Oregon? Thanks for any help on this situation.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Some more info would be helpful... ???

When did you order? They quit making 2008 models in the first part of July.

Is this a lease buyout or something?

Give us some more background on the vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't order the vehicle. The vehicle was in lot, I just had to make the payment since I am still stationed overseas. I already talked with the dealership and it looks like I can get the 2009 model (they weren't happy about this) but the rebates that existed aren't valid for 2009 models. I am still scurrying around trying to figure out the correct info as I am all the way in Korea making long distance phone calls to 3-4 different locations trying to get a straight answer.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If it is in stock, it should be no big deal- they can sell you a 2009 and make the same amount or more money. Worst case, you could stop payment on the check.

You will pay over $1,500 less for a 2008 if you closed in July~ September 2. The 2009 models had a price increase, the 2008s had employee pricing & allowed up to $1,500 cash back. You would probably get a Military price as well, but that may not have been able to be combined with employee.

Is there no one stateside that can act as an advocate for you in this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after threatening to take my business elsewhere and basically stating the obvious fact that I still wanted to do business with THEM I was finally able to change course and buy a 2009 model Acadia. I am a happy camper now. I only paid $2000 more than the 08 but that was expected. I didn't want to pay 4-6k more as that would put me in a few dollars more a month than I could afford. Now here is what I got.

2009 ACADIA AWD SLT-2 GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
92U SILVER GREEN METALLIC /V6G & SUBSIDIARIES
193 EBONY
***************************************************************48*40042S
MODEL & FACTORY OPTIONS MSRP INV AMT RETAIL - STOCK
TV14526 ACADIA AWD SLT-2 39600.00 37026.00 INVOICE 08/04/08
C3U DUAL SKYSCAPE SUNROOF 1400.00 1162.00 SHIPPED 08/04/08
LLT ENGINE, 3.6L V6 N/C N/C EXP I/T 08/18/08
MH6 TRANSMISSION 6 SPEED AUTO AWD N/C N/C INT COM 08/18/08
NE1 50-STATE EMISSIONS N/C N/C PRC EFF 08/04/08
PDC TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE: 500.00 415.00 KEYS XXXXX XXXXX
* HEAD-UP DISPLAY WFP-S
* CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS
R6J CUSTOMER DIALOG NETWORK 0.00 16.50
R9N HEATED & COOLED SEATS, DRIVER 650.00 539.50
AND & FRONT PASSENGER WITH
PERFORATED LEATHER APPOINTED
SEATS
TVD HID HEADLAMPS 500.00 415.00
UZR TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION WITH 1890.00 1568.70
REARVIEW CAMERA DISPLAY AND
XM NAV TRAFFIC - NAV TRAFFIC
FEE EXTRA, 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
U42 ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD 1295.00 1074.85 NTR: 1/2
2 HEADPHONES WITH BOSE
SPEAKER SURROUND SOUND
VK3 FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET N/C N/C
V92 TRAILERING PACKAGE: 495.00 410.85
* COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
* TRAILER HITCH

TOTAL MODEL & OPTIONS 46330.00 42628.40 ACT 237 41973.50
DESTINATION CHARGE 735.00 735.00 H/B 261 1389.90
DEALER IMR CONTRIBUTION 463.30 ADV 261 463.30 <------WHAT IS THIS?
LMA GROUP CONTRIBUTION 463.30 EXP 65A 463.30
<------WHAT IS THIS?

TOTAL 47065.00 44290.00 PAY 310 44290.00

MRM: 47065.00P
SUPLR: 44012.31
GMS: 42123.50

So, I pick it up November 4th when I arrive. I am quite happy as the 2009 had several features that I wanted the the $2k more was worth it! WOOT! I will include some pictures and give a report on how well it drives once I finish my 2000 mile trip across America!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been watching this forum ever since I ordered my 2009 acadia at the end of June. I am expecting mine to be built this week finally. But I would like some advise from some of you experts. When we placed the order we negotiated a price based on a guess of what the price would be. Now that prices are out and the employee pricing is available on 09 can I renegotiate and would it even be wise for me to do so? I ordered a FWD SLT1 7 passenger with preferred package, technology package, convenience package and the trailer equipment. With the trade in for my 2000 Tahoe we agreed on a price of $29,950.

Thanks for the help and I am amazed at all of the information you guys have. The salesman even commented that I know more about the acadia than he does and that is from what I have learned off of this site.

Thanks,
Angela

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
thenachobro,
Glad this worked out for you.

Those figures you highlighted are advertising fees, I have yet to see a dealer that doesn't add them in somehow. It nearly killed my deal until employee pricing was extended to the 2009 models.

Angela,
Yes, the price on any of these vehicles is based on the time of delivery. The ones that really got hosed were the ones that got the first 2009 models. I missed that category by about 5 days.

If you can take delivery of your 2009 by 9-30, you get employee pricing on all Acadias.

Generally speaking, the later in the model year you wait, the lower the price goes. There is also the possibility of a mid year price increase though (happened with the 2008 models), so it is a risk to try & wait.

I'm happy the site has turned you into an expert. Perhaps you will be the next "Queen". :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Finally--It's here. :blob: :blob: My Acadia was delivered to the dealer yesterday, 9/3. I'll be picking it up this Saturday.... :thumb: Ofcourse, I got GMS pricing. Figures (I got a copy of the actual invoice from the dealer) are as follows:

MSRP: $44620.00 Price we previously agreed to: $41318.00 GMS Pricing: $40151.00

Savings of $1167.00 w/ GMS pricing :blob:

My vehicle taking soooooooo long to make, actually saved me $1269.00 ($1167.00 AND $102.00 in IL and Cook Cty sales tax). Ahhhhhhhh, LIFE IS GOOD!!!! :cheers: :beer:

Bob aka BiggieBoy

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We're in the same boat (Acadia?) Biggie. I was hoping GM would do something like this for our delivery date. It sucks for those that already got theirs, but as Theresa said in another post, you can't dwell on the what ifs. If you're happy with what you got (and all the ones I've read about here are), then all is good.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
We're in the same boat (Acadia?) Biggie. I was hoping GM would do something like this for our delivery date. It sucks for those that already got theirs, but as Theresa said in another post, you can't dwell on the what ifs. If you're happy with what you got (and all the ones I've read about here are), then all is good.
Blue---Yep, you're 100% correct. I still can't believe I got my Acadia for what it's going to cost me it. My track record usually results in me spending all kinds of $, then one day later, the item goes on sale for 40% off. :cheers:

Bob

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I totally agree. You need to get the best deal you can get when you buy it, and then never look back. Who knows, by Nov GM could be not only offering GMS to everyone but also give 0% and/or additional cash back. One never knows. One thing I know for sure is that we love our Acadia!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm happy the site has turned you into an expert. Perhaps you will be the next "Queen".
Web Raven has nothing to worry about. I would have to be on here day and night to ever catch up with her. She is the true queen! :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I read somewhere her new title will be Queen Moderator (kind of like England's Queen Mother?), so there would still be room for a forum Queen. :)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.