GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last wednesday, through gmbuypower.com inventory search, I located what might be the Acadia for us at a dealership about 200 miles away. As I obviously don't want to drive out there to browse, I locate the vehicle on the dealer's website and use the "ask for details" form from the dealer's website. 2 days go by, and no response.

So, I use the general "contact us" function on the site and provide the VIN# and description, simply asking if it was still in stock, and if someone could confirm the options that are installed. 2 more days later.....still NOTHING!

Apparently, the internet managers must be too swamped to help a prospective buyer.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Some dealers are still living in the past. They don't think internet inquiries are serious and don't want to do business over the internet because they know they are often in a competitive bidding situation. They'd rather get you into the dealership so they can play their head games with you. I suspect many such dealers will be among the hundreds that GM will be euthanizing in the coming months.....

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Or the dealer is now out of business. I've noticed several that are gone in NJ and their websites are still up. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I ran into the same thing as what loach mentioned last year while shopping for the Acadia as well as the Dodge. It's very frustrating to fill in the info and never get anything back. I came to the same conclusion- they must not be hurting for sales. I paid cash for the Dodge, but got treated like I was a 16 year old kid in most transactions. When I go to look at the new generation Camaro, I'm taking the Dodge- bet I get treated a lot better than if I drove up in my poor old Durango.

I'd suggest a phone call since this is how most "Internet Managers" (salesmen) like to conduct business, IMO due to nothing said can ever be verified unless you want to record the call and tell them you're doing it :). The main problem is if you call to confirm & make the trip, then all of a sudden it's not there- was sold last week or some such BS. This happened to one of our members here- I think it was in the Midwest. I encouraged them to post in the good/bad dealer sections we have on the regional boards.

Good luck & let us know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I ran into the same thing as what loach mentioned last year while shopping for the Acadia as well as the Dodge. It's very frustrating to fill in the info and never get anything back. I came to the same conclusion- they must not be hurting for sales. I paid cash for the Dodge, but got treated like I was a 16 year old kid in most transactions. When I go to look at the new generation Camaro, I'm taking the Dodge- bet I get treated a lot better than if I drove up in my poor old Durango.

I'd suggest a phone call since this is how most "Internet Managers" (salesmen) like to conduct business, IMO due to nothing said can ever be verified unless you want to record the call and tell them you're doing it :). The main problem is if you call to confirm & make the trip, then all of a sudden it's not there- was sold last week or some such BS. This happened to one of our members here- I think it was in the Midwest. I encouraged them to post in the good/bad dealer sections we have on the regional boards.

Good luck & let us know how it turns out.
They're too busy looking for jobs since their dealership is probably on the chopping block

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
IThe main problem is if you call to confirm & make the trip, then all of a sudden it's not there- was sold last week or some such BS. This happened to one of our members here- I think it was in the Midwest. I encouraged them to post in the good/bad dealer sections we have on the regional boards.
Mike Haggerty GMC --- THOSE :tard: :tard: :violent: :uzi: :rant: :blahblah:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5152.msg64909#msg64909

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
That's right; I still have those emails from them about me and my interest in one of their Acadia's
:ditto:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy Moley - this is too good not to share. Excerpts from an email I finally received from the "Internet" Sales Manager:

"Are you still searching for a 2009 Acadia FWD SLE?" Um, no, I have never been looking for such a vehicle. The vehicle I clicked on to "Request Info" was a 2009 AWD SLT Additionally, I sent an inquiry from the "Contact Us" form that included the VIN and Stock# for the *exact vehicle* that I'm interested in. :banghead: :banghead:

"I'm only asking because I have not been able to make contact with you." Translation: Please just call me so I can avoid answering any specific questions, and so I may avoid having any portions of our discussion in writing.

I can be reached @ XXX-XXX-XXXX or you can respond to this email. Please take a moment to contact me if your buying cycle has changed. Our follow up system is very accurate and it will help prevent unnecessary emails or phone calls. I can't even comment on this absurdity.... :violent: :violent: :violent:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That is so sad. I am looking to upgrade my husband's G to a convertable and Infinity's internet dude emails me every time there is a something new. He even gave us free tickets to the Auto Show to look at one. He has sent me specs, a new brochure and just a few emails now and then to make sure I am still interested. Every email is short, but personal and most are just to "touch base". Of course I do have the please put down money one every once and awhile, but he is not too pushy. Again I go back to the service that GM doesn't seem to understand. It's such a shame because I think they could do alot for public opinion if they were better with service before and after the buy. You shouldn't have to pull teeth to get a car or get it fixed!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It's not just GM- a few Dodge dealers do the same thing with me. I'd say it comes down to the dealer philosophy & what is expected of the salespeople. Like mtnbound, I was looking for a very specific vehicle both times last year, and I got a few of the same type of emails. Worst one was where they tried to sell me a 2008 after I had inquired on a 2009 specifically for the cooled seats (not available in 2008).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mckcab said:
That is so sad. I am looking to upgrade my husband's G to a convertable and Infinity's internet dude emails me every time there is a something new. He even gave us free tickets to the Auto Show to look at one. He has sent me specs, a new brochure and just a few emails now and then to make sure I am still interested. Every email is short, but personal and most are just to "touch base". Of course I do have the please put down money one every once and awhile, but he is not too pushy. Again I go back to the service that GM doesn't seem to understand. It's such a shame because I think they could do alot for public opinion if they were better with service before and after the buy. You shouldn't have to pull teeth to get a car or get it fixed!
It's a definite shame - I never had anything remotely as annoying in dealing with multiple BMW and Infiniti dealers. I'm sure every brand has their share of bad eggs, but this would be the first GM I have ever purchased, and I'm beinge extremely turned off by the experience thus far. I'm a sales guy, so I don't mind the "ask for the order" part of the process, but at least provide a decent level of service!

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I bought mine, I probably sent 20 emails via gmbuypower.com and probably only 2 or 3 replied. I will say, that one that did reply was a small dealer in Wilmington IL about 30 miles from where I live. He quoted me a price as well. I called him the next day to say I was coming to look at it and wanted to confirm that it was still available. When I got there, the car was inside the shop being washed for me, we took it for a drive and decided to buy it. He stuck by his price and it was a great buying experience.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Customer service; what a concept ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts