GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as most of you who are on here regularly may know, I have had a lot of issues with my 07 Acadia. It is actually what brought me to this website because I was searching for answers to some of the problems I was experiencing. Insiders have all attempted to help with the many service calls and my thanks go out to all the engineers, customer service reps and especially Pete who is currently in China.
My dealer, General GMC in Methuen, MA stood by me when I said enough is enough and without them doing so I'm sure things might not have gone as smoothly as they have. Thank you Ted, Tim, Matt, Ed and all the service techs that spent counless hours working on it.
Now to the point... The company has stepped up to the plate and replaced my 07 Acadia with a late model 08 Acadia. I ordered the replacement on Sept. 21st and the new one is at the dealer. I will be picking it up Thurs. the 25th. I ordered a Metallic Brown/Brick interior this time. The Diamond White is going to be discontinued and the Platinum Ice that will be replacing it is on constraint until Jan. My Diamond White chipped very easily BTW. If another car door was opened into it, instead of a little ding I would get a chip in the paint.
I love the Acadia and am praying that this one will have less kinks to work out, although to some extent that is to be expected on all new car purchases, just not to the extreme that this one has been.
GM has kept me as customer by working with me and so has my dealer. I'll be getting off my soap box for now.... :blahblah:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: GM Came Through

That is great news. I'm glad they stepped up to the plate for you. Here's hoping that this one works out much better for you... :cheers:

·
Registered
468 Posts

Thankfully I have never had to go through this process. Without giving up any information you are not comfortable sharing, how did you do financially?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

They pay off loan which in my case was OK because I had a trade in on original deal and some equity built up. Could be bad for someone that is upside down though because they would be responsible for difference. What I will owe on 08 will be the amount I had on previous loan and since I had no upgrades I don't pay tax again. They are not charging me for usage and interest rate is 1/4 point lower so I'm happy. It is costing me just the tag transfer, any insurance difference (don't know that yet) and my time to switch everything over but well worth it. I am really very satisfied at this point with the way it has been handled. I just pray I don't have the same issues with the 08. :blob:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Let me also add that I told them I was going to Lemon Law it, nicely of course, "them" being GM customer service and once I opened the dialogue they then , several days later, with my dealer being in agreement, offered to buy back the 07 and replace with an 08. Since I really like the car and because they made such a monumental effort to fix it and work with me, I really would prefer to stick with them than ask for my money back at this point. GM really showed a lot of class and efficiency thoroughout this ordeal. :thumb:

·
Registered
339 Posts

If it has a bunch of problems, I just hope that don't just put it back out as a regular ol' used vehicle for someone else to get stuck with.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I actually wondered about that. It goes back to Michigan I would think, since GM paid it off. I can't imagine that my dealer would want to be aggravated with it. I will find out this week where it goes for sure and put it here.

·
Registered
105 Posts

The way it was explained to us, how it works in Florida: If a vehicle gets lemon lawed, goes through the whole process with the state, it shows on the title. Manufacturers don't want this, and usually buy back/replace the vehicle before lemon law is enacted. Our attorney says, then, they can resell the vehicle as used, without disclosing it was in a lemon law dispute. My mother-in-law threatened lemon law with a Dodge truck, manufacturer did a deal similar to Vic49. We don't know what happened to the defective truck, but she got a new truck with none of the problems the previous vehicle had. We are very happy with our Acadia, GM and dealer went the extra mile to fix our problems. Still haven't had a downpour to really test for leaks, but we really hope everything is ship shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I've had my Acadia since May, and have had it back to the shop 3 times for different transmission updates. I agree, that while there is a learning curve to driving a 6-speed, there should still be a normal amount of torque available to keep the car moving at highway speeds on a normal incline. My last update was in August, and the vehicle is better. Still not as good as I think it should be, but I know the GM guys are working on it.
As for leaks, the rear passenger door leaked in a normal rain. It also leaked when I washed the car. I had the dealer replace the door seal. To date, no leaks have appeared! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9 Posts

wow, that's great for you. I'm still waiting to hear back from GM. I also have an 07 Acadia that I've nothing but trouble with. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's had a bad time with this car

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pray that they get Acadia fixed before giving it over for resale. It still leaks, power steering pump is making noise, tranny updates have not been done , I did not bother since they were replacing it this month and I have been hassled enough with fixing everything. I certainly would not want someone else to go through what I have.

·
Registered
730 Posts
you can post your VIN here to help the future would-be owner of the vehicle identify it

·
Registered
284 Posts
Buyback vehicles, as long as the defect(s) isn't HUGE, they get sent back to GM, the areas with problems torn down and gone over and replaced/repaired, and then once tested again, get taken to GM auctions--marked as buyback vehicles.

Or, at least that's how a large majority of them end up, and from the sounds of yours, likely what may happen with your '07--depending on what GM thinks, if it's an official buyback through them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh it definitely is an official buyback through them. I am glad to hear that is the way it is handled. I figured it would go back to Michigan.

·
Registered
284 Posts
vic49 said:
Oh it definitely is an official buyback through them. I am glad to hear that is the way it is handled. I figured it would go back to Michigan.
Yeah. You'd think, in this way, things should be dealer solvable, but they just can't take the time to completely disassemble something & analyze it, for example, like the way a team at the manufacturer can. So, as problems mount, or one does that they just can't solve between their own work and talking to the manufacturer...back it can go, and REALLY gone through.

Once in a blue moon, you can catch a late model GM something or other popped up on Ebay at a GM dealer who bought it at auction "repaired" and titled as a buyback. I think the last one I saw was a Cadillac SRX, that had some sort of electrical problem, that was fixed after being repurchased.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully, by going through the car thoroughly, GM can identify where they are going wrong. The water leaks really seem to be an ongoing issue with them. Other things too, but the water thing is prevalant. There is another customer of my dealer's who has an 08 with water leaks. Mine was an 07 and still leaks. :-[

·
Registered
284 Posts
vic49 said:
Hopefully, by going through the car thoroughly, GM can identify where they are going wrong. The water leaks really seem to be an ongoing issue with them. Other things too, but the water thing is prevalant. There is another customer of my dealer's who has an 08 with water leaks. Mine was an 07 and still leaks. :-[
Yeah, things like that, on teardown, can at least give yet another real world prospective of where the issue is developing, and what needs to be done to eradicate it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Would you mine listing the problems you had with your car? Also how many miles you had on it. I think I may actually have had more problems with mine. I have considered doing what you did but wonder how much trouble it would be.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DanM: Send me your email address. I have tried to send you a couple of replies but they are not going through.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts