GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure what catagory to put this in but thought I would pass it on.

I ordered a tube of touch up paint from my local GMC dealer on May 14. I called today to inquire about my order and was told parts may be messed up until December. I was dumbfounded but the long time parts mgr. assured me this is what they are being told. He didnt think my paint would take that long to get but didnt seem confident that it would be in anytime soon. Wow.

We talked a bit and he confided that most parts orders are running 3-4 weeks minimum right now. Some vendors will not ship through the GM parts program.

This will not help GM get through these difficult times.

Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
With all the reported problems paying suppliers in recent months this doesn't surprise me.

If you search online, there are several sites that offer color code touch-up paint, so at least there's a way around your particular delay.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
While I don't doubt that certain suppliers may be disrupted to one degree or another by the bankruptcy, the skeptic in me also suspects that this will become a very convenient excuse for dealers to blame when there are delays in obtaining parts.

Dealer dropped the ball and didn't order the parts? Just tell the customer that the bankruptcy has created supplier issues. Problem solved! - at least for the dealer.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
loach said:
While I don't doubt that certain suppliers may be disrupted to one degree or another by the bankruptcy, the skeptic in me also suspects that this will become a very convenient excuse for dealers to blame when there are delays in obtaining parts.

Dealer dropped the ball and didn't order the parts? Just tell the customer that the bankruptcy has created supplier issues. Problem solved! - at least for the dealer.
This is very true but at the end of the day, they would be very foolish to try to hide behind that sort of cover. Potential bad PR starts to spread and their restructuring turns into liquidation real fast.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
mikemu said:
This is very true but at the end of the day, they would be very foolish to try to hide behind that sort of cover. Potential bad PR starts to spread and their restructuring turns into liquidation real fast.
Oh don't get me wrong - I don't think GM itself will use it for cover. I think certain individual dealerships will. Some stealerships blow smoke all day long - both in the service department and on the sales floor. For some of them, this will be a convenient scapegoat issue to mask their own incompetence.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny that you brought this up. I ordered wheel locks almost two weeks ago which were to arrive the next day. I called and they are now claiming they are a special order item? ::) So I was told they would contact me when they receive them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here we go...
I Received my wheel locks after a 3 week wait only to figure out that they were for the SLE. I didn't open them and got my money back. I tried to order the correct locks but GM does not have any part # or another available for the SLT with 19" wheels, What's going on?
If anyone knows if one is available or has the GM part number for the SLT 19" wheel locks [/color] or even the MCGARD Wheel locks part number[/color] please post it.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts