GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that GMC very recently changed their current LOYALTY offer of cash back (listed as $1500 for an '08 Acadia) to include folks who own any model car that is a 1999 or newer. It started out as you had to have a 1999 GMC vehicle or newer to qualify.

I have a question about a cash back offer like this. I hear this term often from various car makers. How does it work? Can you just apply it directly at the time of sale? Also, I think that I would still be able to do the $500 CONQUEST in addition to the $500 as the other "current offer" listed on the GMC webiste. If all that were to be applied and I could negotiate the sale of the vehicle with the dealership itself to near invoice, I would be looking at close to $5000 off MSRP......how sweet would that be.

Between this offer hitting the dealerships and finding out that the economic stimulus money (or BUSH $$$ as I like to call it ;D) is coming earlier than expected I may go ahead and FINALLY buy my Acadai in May. I've been waiting to get an Acadia for like a year and a half!

Any thoughts on how the cash back offers work?

·
Registered
533 Posts
JonTon said:
I noticed that GMC very recently changed their current LOYALTY offer of cash back ...
Loyalty? Why, I wonder, would GM not reward me this way for driving my GM SUV for 21 yrs, and then buying another GM CUV?[/color] ???

·
Registered
468 Posts
Smooth said:
Loyalty? Why, I wonder, would GM not reward me this way for driving my GM SUV for 21 yrs, and then buying another GM CUV?[/color] ???
Because they are looking to have you swap out more than once every 21 years?

·
Registered
382 Posts
GM's offer of $1500 loyalty check to buy a 2008 Acadia makes perfect sense-you need to be mighty loyal :binky:to buy one that has an untracable engine issue (bad camshafts), or at least one GM is unwilling to recall as well as the leaky sunroofs, electrical glitches, that maybe might be cured in the 2009's? :confused:
With the UAW doing its' part by now showing it's unhappiness at the Lansing plant making Acadias and the reports in this forum of bad assembly practices (like forgetting to hook up sunroof drains and roof rack lack of gasketing) by apparently unhappy workers makes me want to go out and buy another one :sosad:

·
Registered
130 Posts
This incentive expires today. I read that GM is planning a new round of incentives that will start Memorial Day weekend. Anyone know any details about new incentives for Acadias?

·
Registered
34 Posts
gmc4me said:
This incentive expires today. I read that GM is planning a new round of incentives that will start Memorial Day weekend. Anyone know any details about new incentives for Acadias?
I was just on the phone with my dealer yesterday and he told me that GM is keeping the $1500 and tacking on another $500 in incentives for Memorial Day. Again, this was the dealer saying this so take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
34 Posts
dirt mcgirt said:
gmc4me said:
I was just on the phone with my dealer yesterday and he told me that GM is keeping the $1500 and tacking on another $500 in incentives for Memorial Day. Again, this was the dealer saying this so take it for what it is worth.
Well, the same dealer called me back stating that the $1500 WAS TAKEN BACK. The only incentive is $500 for Memorial Day. Is GM off their rocker?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Let me know if you find anything else out. I am none too pleased right now if they do not make this right. They are checking on conquest dollars too to get it back to $1500.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, the dealer told me that I would still be eligible for $1500 ($500 Memorial Day, $500 conquest....he asked me if I had another car and told him about my Acura...guess that qualifies me for another $500). St

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is what I now understand:
1) $500 Customer Cash
2) $500 Memorial Day
3) $500 Conquest Cash if you own another car 1999 and newer

That gets me back to the $1500 that it would have been yesterday. I guess that it good news.

FWIW - I was also told that since I ordered at the end of March the price has gone up about $1000 but we were locked in to the price by the order date.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I could be wrong, but it sounds like they raised the price to compensate for all the discounts. Sounds like something they would do. I would check with some other dealers and make sure it's not just the dealership you are dealing with. Besides, with fuel going up, SUVs and the Acadia might experience a sales drop this summer and fall. I would suspect GMC offering incentives and other discounts to move their inventory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts