GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at trying to install a bluetooth device behind the Acadia glove box. On one particular video, I noticed that the GM vehicle's glove box looked very similar, but he just had to hit some type of button and the glove box was able to drop down, exposing the back of the glove box.

I tried this with my Acadia, but was only able to release the right side guide - but it didn't really do anything to help dropping the glove box.

I've since given up on a bluetooth unit and am awaiting the GM version...(I know, I know...someday, over the rainbow...)

Is there a quick release I'm missing to get the glove box to drop?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just went out and tried mine. There's a release (knob or whatever you want to call it) on the left side just like the right. Just turn it counter clockwise to loosen and remove it. The glove box will then drop down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First post here and loving this board for all the knowledge and tips!!

I just looked at my Glove box tonight and it has the retainer knobs that hold the open.
One of mine is missing, and the gear strip on the right side is broken also.
I also did the screen/filter thing for the cabin air intake. Looks like it was made to take
a filter. No idea why they didn't put one in it.
Just got it last week. Used 2007 SLE AWD with a 10,750 on it from a dealer in Indiana.
They must have not gone through it as well as i hoped, but the things i did find are little
and im not that picky. I'll probably get a few of them done under warranty.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts