GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an slt-1 and have been unable to get the vents to blow outside air. Is there some trick to getting some fresh air into the car without opening a window?

I read the instructions for the automatic climate control. It appears to show an icon that you get when you push one of the passenger climate buttons. Shows an arrow pointing to a seat. When I do that the power comes on to the climate system and appears to turn on a fan and then a few moments later it shuts off. I don't want the fan anyways....just some fresh air?

I also read about the recirulating button but that when depressed circulates inside air only...suggesting that when off, outside air is introduced. I certainly don't feel it.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
123 Posts
newz54 said:
I have an slt-1 and have been unable to get the vents to blow outside air. Is there some trick to getting some fresh air into the car without opening a window?

I read the instructions for the automatic climate control. It appears to show an icon that you get when you push one of the passenger climate buttons. Shows an arrow pointing to a seat. When I do that the power comes on to the climate system and appears to turn on a fan and then a few moments later it shuts off. I don't want the fan anyways....just some fresh air?

I also read about the recirulating button but that when depressed circulates inside air only...suggesting that when off, outside air is introduced. I certainly don't feel it.

Suggestions?
whew, there is nothing fresh about outside air. the one thing i am going miss when driving my volvo is the fact that you can block out all outside air w/the filter thingy. is just wonderful, i hate the smell of smoke coming in my car from other folks smoking. i keep my filter on all the time. no outside air for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty curious about that too....I haven't been able to figure it out yet. ???

·
Registered
681 Posts
It is my understanding that you are always getting outside air into the vehicle, in the manual is states:

This is possible since outside air will always
flow through the system as the vehicle is moving
forward unless it is set to recirculation mode.
See “Recirculation” later in this section.[/color]

This is from the dual climate control section. Also on page 205:

(On/Off): Press this button to turn off the
climate control system. Outside air still enters
the vehicle, and is directed to the floor[/color]. This
direction can be changed by pressing the mode
button. Recirculation can only be selected in
vent or bi-level mode.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've noticed that if I turn off the power to the climate control, I feel air blowing in by my feet.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
You can stop the outside air from entering by pressing the recirculate button (picture of a vehicle with a arrow in the shape of a circle). This will continually recirculate the air inside the cabin and will stop any outside smell or smoke from entering.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have an SLE without all the gizmos and whatnot. I haven't had any issues with just getting fresh air to enter the vehicle through the vents. However, maybe the SLT's with auto-climate control operate somewhat differently.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I always run recirculate in my current vehicle...except defrost that pulls in outside air.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the instructions suggest outside air comes into the cabin but would you want outside air when it is freezing outside? Upon checking again, I do feel a slight amount of air at the vent, and only when I hit the recirculate button does it stop. So for those of you that feel cold air you must push the recirculate button each time you start the car to stop the outside air?

Seems rather odd behavior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought our Acadia 08 SLE last January, abd that's the first thing that i noticed is there's no outside air if i turn the circulating air off. Especially last Feb that it rained couple of times and we cannot put the windows down so we're on the controlled a/c to give us a little air. Is there any tricks in the book that will let outside air to come-in. If we keep the windows all closed the inside temperature is hot... Please help

·
Registered
428 Posts
IF you want outside air to come in you have to have the controls on but turn off the button for the ac compressor. Its the one that looks like a snow flake. Then turn the fan to the level you want it at. You have to make sure that the temperature control isnt set to make the heater come on though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts