GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I placed my order on 2/27... was told 8 weeks. Got an update last week that we do not yet have a build date assigned. :banghead: I'm sure that means we're going to miss the 8 weeks (which was an estimate, but I've never had an order time go longer). I'm guessing we're still looking at better than 6 weeks.

I've heard some of the stories about long build times, but none of them were this close to the new model year.

I'm now starting to get cold feet. Not on the Acadia itself, but the 2008 vs. 2009 (especially considering some of the nice options on the 09). Do I have any options at this point? I have a message out to my salesman to check, so thought I'd check here in the meantime. I know it probably puts me into August, but what's a couple more months given the position I'm in already? :help:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Really, if you have another car, I would wait. Two reasons: one, you get better features, more test and trial time for the new ride...two, you have opportunity to save more money to put down. Maybe pay the taxes or something else. The more cash you put down, the better.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of where I'm at, just unsure of what my options are in terms of cancelling the order.

Also, it seems the general consensus around here is that there will not be a significant price increase, but that makes me a bit nervous as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
did you sign a contract? On the back of mine, it stated there was a $500 termination fee. Up to you but could be worth $500 to wait, especially with the new features

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
kanderna said:
That's kind of where I'm at, just unsure of what my options are in terms of cancelling the order.

Also, it seems the general consensus around here is that there will not be a significant price increase, but that makes me a bit nervous as well.
You should be able to cancel the order at any time. Hopefully your dealer didn't make you put down any sort of deposit, because it doesn't cost the dealer anything to place an order with GM, they only get charged once the vehicle is built and shipped. Even if they did, they should refund it to you. Check back with you dealer and ask for the status code of the order. If it is below 3000, you are still a long way away from getting it in line to be built.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did sign something... I'll have to take a look.... think it was the standard PO Agreement.

The other factors to consider... They've already given us the trade-in value on our car, so I'm welcome to drive the crap out of that thing until the Acadia comes in (assuming I don't crash it... ugh).

Also, the new $1000 loyalty cash now available would no longer apply.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GeoHawk said:
You should be able to cancel the order at any time. Hopefully your dealer didn't make you put down any sort of deposit, because it doesn't cost the dealer anything to place an order with GM, they only get charged once the vehicle is built and shipped. Even if they did, they should refund it to you. Check back with you dealer and ask for the status code of the order. If it is below 3000, you are still a long way away from getting it in line to be built.
I put down $100. On my AMEX, so I could dispute the charge if they didn't refund it.

On the status code... 2 weeks after our order, he told me it was 3000. Two weeks ago he left me a voicemail and told me it was 2000. I called him last week, and he fumbled about and said, "Yeah, it's 3000." So bottom line is I'm not sure what the status code is... not sure he even knows. I guess moving backwards through the process might explain the wait. ::)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a question... would there be any incentive for them to get me to keep my order active (vs. waiting and ordering an 09)? I can't really think of any, but wondering if there's any opportunity to renegotiate the price on the 08.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I talked to him, he didn't say, but I've asked him to specifically address the delay in the vm I left for him. I'll have to call him again. I've been pretty frustrated with his communication up to this point. Many ignored emails and vm's. I have to actually reach him on the phone to talk to him.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. So here's the update. I had left my salesman a vm stating how concerned I was that we didn't have a build date yet... yada, yada, yada. Just got an email from him stating it has been built and is in transit as we speak! ??? :eek: ??? :beer: :drunk: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Is there anyone here who can check the status for me and tell me absolutely what the status is? MRJXKR. If so, thanks in advance.

Unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I was just going to say that your car would probably show up any minute. Similar thing happened to me last year when I ordered mine. I don't think it ever moved off status 3000. Then one day it just showed up. Dealer said GM is not always consistent on providing updated status codes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I mean I guess it's good news assuming that he's not messed up again. He called as a follow up to his email. I said, "This is a lot different story than what I heard last week." His response, "Yeah, once they get started it doesn't take them any time at all." :D

Says I should see it in 2-3 days.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
kanderna said:
I mean I guess it's good news assuming that he's not messed up again. He called as a follow up to his email. I said, "This is a lot different story than what I heard last week." His response, "Yeah, once they get started it doesn't take them any time at all." :D

Says I should see it in 2-3 days.
Congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GeoHawk said:
Congrats. :cheers:
Well, that's assuming he's not on the dope again. That's why I'm hoping someone can verify my status code. I have to put a firesale price on the Saab in hopes of getting more than trade!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is sorta a double post (I posted it on the Status Codes thread), but wanted to update this thread.

Wow... my salesman was way off....

2/25 - Placed order
2/28 - 1100, 1102 (Preliminary Order Accepted, Preliminary Order Added thru Web)
3/20 - 2000 (Accepted by GM)
3/25 - 2500 (Preferenced)
3/26 - 3000 (Accepted by Prod.)
4/2 - 3100 (Available to Sequence)
4/3 - 3300 (Scheduled for Prod.)
4/8 - 3400 (Broadcast)
4/11 - 3800, 4000, 4150, 4200 (Produced, Avail. to Ship, Original Invoice, Shipped)
4/11 - 4300 (Intermediate Delivery)
4/12 - 4B00 (Bayed)
4/12 - 4B00 (Bayed)

In the words of my salesman today, "It was shipped on 4/11 so I thought it would be here last week.  I know it's on the truck, but I don't know if the truck is waiting to get filled up or what.  It will be here next week for sure."

But those last three statuses scare me a little... Anybody know what those are?

·
Registered
113 Posts
good luck....you're closer to the plant than me. When mine had hit Shipped status code, it took 3 weeks to get here. It's worth the wait though :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Nice!! :cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats...very nice!! Three weeks ago, I picked up my 2008 Acadia SLT1 Redjewel, AWD, DVD entertainment, dual skyscape, convenience package & trailering package. I know exactly the euphoria you're going through, like
other acadia owners on this forum. Enjoy :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts