GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
No need to put high octane/premium in this baby ;D I use 89 in mine.

Page 388 in the manual;

Gasoline Octane
Use regular unleaded gasoline with a posted
octane rating of 87 or higher. For best performance
or trailer towing, you could choose to use middle
grade 89 octane unleaded gasoline. If the
octane rating is less than 87, you might notice
an audible knocking noise when you drive,
commonly referred to as spark knock. If this
occurs, use a gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher
as soon as possible. If you are using gasoline
rated at 87 octane or higher and you hear heavy
knocking, the engine needs service.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'LL SAY SOMBODY OPEN A WINDOW ;D

no i use 89 for the same reason because both the manual and my dealer said that it can run on 87 but 89 is the best.

·
Registered
380 Posts
EL Cheapo is the best!! :blob:The computer will deal with the octane levels unless under very high load (towing). Won't make George's oil company buddies happy but what the heck, they have only two more years of screwing the American public anyway unless the Democrats fail to rise to the occasion, again! (don't get me wrong, I voted for him twice given the lack of alternatives given us to choose). :angryfire:

·
Registered
264 Posts
The engine does have a high compression so you can get more power out of a small powerplant but they are designed to run on the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
542 Posts
OK, guess we are going off track. I guess George hasn't "screwed things up" too much seeing all the people that are able to drop $35000-$45000 for new Acadias. Guess those tax cuts did help didn't they. I am sure GM is happy we all have more to spend on ourselves. The Democrats will not allow that if they get back in power again. They might get the gas prices down for a while after they run like pansies from Iraq but it wont last long.

Ok, my 2 cents. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Keith said:
OK, guess we are going off track. I guess George hasn't "screwed things up" too much seeing all the people that are able to drop $35000-$45000 for new Acadias. Guess those tax cuts did help didn't they. I am sure GM is happy we all have more to spend on ourselves. The Democrats will not allow that if they get back in power again. They might get the gas prices down for a while after they run like pansies from Iraq but it wont last long.

Ok, my 2 cents. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
I think your post was inappropriate. Maybe a political forum would be the place to insult people. I don't come here for that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
So what you are saying is that because one person made a post that you found to be inappropriate that it makes it OK for you to do the same thing? I just want to be clear on this.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
all right yall calm it down we all have our opinions.

:hijacked:

·
Registered
542 Posts
So what you are saying is that because one person made a post that you found to be inappropriate that it makes it OK for you to do the same thing? I just want to be clear on this.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up

Yup :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
i've got your back on this one, keith. great response.

has anyone noticed if the amount of ethanol makes a difference in your mileage? if so, are there certain gas stations that usually have a lower level of ethanol?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I know up here we get some stupid winter mix that is supposed to reduce smog. Reduces MPG too. Wonder if they factored in their equation that we will be burning more fuel to help reduce smog from the fuel we are burning. :confused: Anyway, I have noticed 1-3 MPGs less up here in the winter on my current car. Perhaps the winter mixes around the country are negatively affecting mileage. I believe we get the summer gas starting this month. Hopefully you Acadia owners will notice some improvement. Mine wont get here till June so I will be able to test it on the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Do we need to be careful with the amount of ethenol? I forgot to ask at the dealer and honestly didn't think about it until now. I was told that my Volvo would "blow up" if I put more than 10% ethenol in it. Of course the Volvo dealer told me ANY but after searching for gas station without any I gave up and put some in . He finally admitted a little was OK, but don't go over that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Keith said:
I know up here we get some stupid winter mix that is supposed to reduce smog. Reduces MPG too. Wonder if they factored in their equation that we will be burning more fuel to help reduce smog from the fuel we are burning. :confused: Anyway, I have noticed 1-3 MPGs less up here in the winter on my current car. Perhaps the winter mixes around the country are negatively affecting mileage. I believe we get the summer gas starting this month. Hopefully you Acadia owners will notice some improvement. Mine wont get here till June so I will be able to test it on the good stuff.
I totally agree with this. I've noticed it in almost every car I've had, that my 'winter' MPG is off about 8%-10% from the summer MPG. Also, on my recent trip down south, my wife's Yukon averaged about 1MPG better coming back than we did going, even though coming back I had a wicked leadfoot. I attribute this to the fact that when we left, I had gas from the northeast; coming back, I had a lot of gas from the south. maybe they put moonshine in it? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts