GMC Acadia Forum banner

What wipe of gas do you put in your Acadia?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 - Summit White / Cocoa/Light Ash Gray Interior
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 and the book says it recommends 87. What do you put in your tank?

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
What kind of fuel is "Switch?"

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
What? No check box for 'bottom rung weasel pee?'

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
How about 'Sex Fuel?' Put that in a vehicle with an engine not designed for it and you're screwed!

Reactions: kcraw813

·
Registered
324 Posts
Question is: Why would you not use what's recommended by the folks who designed and engineered the vehicle? Makes no sense at all from either a performance perspective (HP gain vs fuel $ increase) or economic perspective (MPG gain vs fuel $ increase).

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
737 Posts
I was always told that higher octane fuel burned cleaner which meant less build up in the motor. Have I been lied to all these years!!;)🤣😂

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was always told that higher octane fuel burned cleaner which meant less build up in the motor. Have I been lied to all these years!!;)🤣😂
Yes. Octane rating is nothing more than a fuel's resistance to pre-ignition (knocking).

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
737 Posts
Yes. Octane rating is nothing more than a fuel's resistance to pre-ignition (knocking).
I assumed that would be the answer. Nothing surprises me anymore. What’s the best way to keep the motor free of sludge and carbon build up? I have used Lucas - Tune Up in a Bottle fuel system cleaner. Is this stuff any good or another hack like the high octane fuel?

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The question should be what ethanol content.
I put some E15 in mine and ran very poorly. At least it burned it up fast.
Mine gets 87 octane with 10% ethanol.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I assumed that would be the answer. Nothing surprises me anymore. What’s the best way to keep the motor free of sludge and carbon build up? I have used Lucas - Tune Up in a Bottle fuel system cleaner. Is this stuff any good or another hack like the high octane fuel?
Agree with MI-Acadia. Top tier gas only, regular oil changes.
GMC manual states the same. And if no top tier fuel available in your country, to add (Delco) fuel additive every oil change.

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
Mine gets 87 octane with 10% ethanol.
It's difficult to get away from E10 gasoline these days. The winter/summer fuel thing is largely a myth. Most suppliers don't make the change from summer fuel (E0) to winter fuel (E10) and back any more. E10 is a supposedly "green energy" thing.

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's difficult to get away from E10 gasoline. The winter/summer fuel thing is largely a myth now. Most suppliers don't make the change from summer fuel (E0) to winter fuel (E10) and back any more. E10 is a supposedly "green energy" thing.
Few hours away, and a different world in some ways.
E0 and E5 are everywhere, just gotta pay the piper. And I've never heard of summer and winter fuels.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
... And I've never heard of summer and winter fuels.
We had that in the Denver area years ago when methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) was the popular fuel 'oxygenator' added to gasoline. It was added for winter months to 'supposedly' control air pollution, then not added during summer. Denver wasn't the only area to do so. The terminology seems to have stuck with folks country-wide since the switch from MTBE to ethanol. We've also seen an increase in E15 supplies recently. GM doesn't recommend using that in a lot of their vehicles unless the vehicle is set up for flex fuel.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah, the manual states E15 max, but I've never seen E15 here.
Our old mini van was Flex fuel. Not that it ever got anything other than 87

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Few hours away, and a different world in some ways.
E0 and E5 are everywhere, just gotta pay the piper. And I've never heard of summer and winter fuels.
I wish we had E5. If I want that I have to fill part with E10 and then top off with E0 . . . about 50/50.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yeah, the manual states E15 max, but I've never seen E15 here.
Our old mini van was Flex fuel. Not that it ever got anything other than 87
Haven't seen E15 here. A good number of E85 pumps though. Never had a flex fuel vehicle.
I always use E0 in the tank for the yard care engines, chain saw, trimmer, etc. And the outboard boat motor whenever.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Haven't seen E15 here. A good number of E85 pumps though. Never had a flex fuel vehicle.
I always use E0 in the tank for the yard care engines, chain saw, trimmer, etc. And the outboard boat motor whenever.
Same here for the lawn tractor. Don't think I've seen E85 here now that I think of it... hm

Reactions: JayTee2019
1 - 20 of 47 Posts