GMC Acadia Forum banner

Gas Millage Question

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  web raven 
#1 ·
Hey everybody I have a fast question and this is kind of strange to me.

I was driving today and I wanted to see just how much gas I could get out of the car before I would have ran out. The DIC showed that I still had 41 miles to go before empty, however the gas needle was a little below E. Being that it was below E I naturally went and filled up. Based on the specifications of the car the Acadia has a 22 gallon tank. I filled the entire tank up which cost me 75.00, but I was expecting to fill up over 20 gallons and it only took 18.7.

Is there a 3 gallon reserve for gas in this car?

I don't know what to believe, the DIC or the gas needle. Of course the gas needle is the way to go, it's just the numbers don't add up.

TIA

#2 ·
If the pump shut off at $75.00, it could be due to credit/debit card limitations and the tank wasn't actually full. You have to shut it off and restart a new transaction. This happened to me just the other day.

Having said that, I don't think I've ever had to put more than 20 gallons into my tank regardless of whether the "fuel level low" indicator was on or I just thought the needle looked close enough to E to fill up. The exception to this would have been the time I actually ran it out of gas on my way to Arkansas last year. :D

#4 ·
sifu128 said:
Holy smokes, you actually ran out of gas??? Yikes. Last week it cost me 80 bucks or so but was still under 20 gallons. ???
Yeah, we were in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, and no open gas stations in sight. I actually got OnStar on the line to find out where the next nearest station was. We literally coasted up to the pump at 425 miles on the tripometer. lol That's what I get for snoozing while my brother drives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.