GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 2 days my gas gauge has not moved from 1/2 tank. The DIC still states that I have 154 miles left on the tank. I filled up last Friday. I plan on filling up today and see what happens. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way I have put on 100 miles during those 2 days.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mine can go a few days at a time without the gas gauge moving, but that is due to working from home several days a week. :p

Sorry, but my gas gauge has worked well for the 2200 miles I have on it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not this particular one, but my gauge seems to move off the FULL mark VERY quickly, but by the time it's at half or less...it crawls. Not quite getting that. ???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I just filled up and the gas gauge is working...for now. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens.

·
Registered
730 Posts
No problem on mine, either.
During the 1st 50 miles or so the needle seems to remain past the F mark. It then starts to move consistently as I proceed with the trip.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
You may want to ask your dealer about it. It seems to me there was a service bulletin out about gas gauges not reading correctly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My gas gauge problem is due to the accident I had when the guy pulled out in front of me. Car is back in the shop to have the tank replaced. The shop said from the impact of the accident the baffle inside the tank was not in the correct position. So a few days in the shop and we should be back to "good as new". (fingers crossed!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts