GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A simple yet nice feature would have been a factory built gas door lock - available on many older model cars - which is not present on the Acadia.

Any suggestion for best gas cap model, and whether the existing cap needs to be clipped off, etc.?

·
Registered
428 Posts
what would have been nice is a door that opens from a button on the inside of the vehicle like you see on many imports.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dfrank78 said:
what would have been nice is a door that opens from a button on the inside of the vehicle like you see on many imports.
That was what I meant.

·
Registered
540 Posts
dfrank78 said:
That would have been great to have a fuel door release button inside. I wonder how long that little button will last that pops the fuel door open.

Bobby

·
Registered
12 Posts
DeForger said:
dfrank78 said:
That would have been great to have a fuel door release button inside. I wonder how long that little button will last that pops the fuel door open.

Bobby
I had a VW Passat for 10 years and never had a problem with the release button...

·
Registered
23 Posts
My '01 Acura TL with 104k has it and I've had no problems with the door or lever. I think that somebody will get into your tank if they really want to... even if that means using a pry bar on your "locked" gas tank door. It's unfortunate that people will cause thousands of dollars of damage to get $40 worth of gas. But, it was happening left and right in Chicago last summer when gas was $4.50 a gallon. I don't even want to think of how much it would have cost to fill up my Acadia last summer (I didn't have it), but it was $70 for the Acura. Sickening! :puke:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a lockable gas cap from the GM dealer. Since the replacement gas cap cannot be order with a tether, and the tether cannot be easily be remove from the original gas cap, the tether must be cut off or must be remove so that it can be reused.

I carefully sliced (at an angle, with a sharp Exacto knife) the portion of the tether that surrounds the original gas cap. After placing the tether around the new gas cap, I put secured the tether ends together with some “Gorilla” tape (duct tape would work as well). After the four months of use, the new system has worked fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts