GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get my garage door opener to work with my 2007 Acadia's built-in remote control. Our opener is an Overhead Door 696cd/b. This has the rolling code feature. So I tried to follow the Acadia manual and so far I have struck out.

I held the left and right buttons down for 20+ seconds to clear the memory. Then I released the buttons, and then held them down again for 1-2 seconds. After that I pushed the learn code button on the opener itself and its LED began to blink. Back in the Acadia, I hold down the button I want to program, waiting for it to trigger the door. The manual says this will happen in 5-20 seconds. I've held it down much longer and the door has not moved.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you check to see if you are using the correct procedure? In the manual there are 2 types of universal remotes. On page 150 they show the system with one triangular LED and on page 154 they show three round LED's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I got it working finally. I was following the instructions for the unit with 3 LEDs when I just have one. I wonder why they have two different units? Anyway, it still took me 3 tries, but I got it finally. It would've been nice if they could have integrated it with the DIC or the radio to output text that told you what to do next and if it communicated successfully with the door opener.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have done this with three GM's and it is not fun. You really need to have a second person to help or it gets a little crazy trying to run back and forth between opener and car. :p I sometimes have to try several times before it takes also.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It uses the same procedure that my old Stratus used so it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It is the same procedure I had in my Acura MDX and in our Suburban. A lot easier if you have someone to press the button on the garage opener itself (if you have the rolling code type).

·
Registered
264 Posts
I could not get mine to work with the procedure in the manual, i had to use the learn button on the opener itself. Then it worked fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts