GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your average (real) mileage in City & Highway?

Pat

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have about 4000 miles on my Acadia now. I get 18 MPG City and finally hit 30 MPG highway. It sems to seally like the highway around the 60 MPH mark.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have 4500 miles on my FWD. I reset the coimputer at each fillup. At the end of the tank, the computer reads 19-20 MPG almost always. That is pretty much all city and local freeway driving. No long open stretches of road but usually no huge backups either. Typical commute and city type driving.

·
Registered
118 Posts
EdL said:
I have about 4000 miles on my Acadia now. I get 18 MPG City and finally hit 30 MPG highway. It sems to seally like the highway around the 60 MPH mark.
either mine is different than yours or you need to check your math skills. i've been on a flat highway, no wind, no hills, no cargo, and just me in it, and the best i can get at 60 mph is about 25.5 mpg.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have over 12,000 miles on my Acadia and get about 18-19 city and the best I've seen highway so far is 25. I typically get 23-24 highway.

I can't complain. My Vues used to get WAY worse gas mileage than that and they're much smaller vehicles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
texas123 said:
EdL said:
either mine is different than yours or you need to check your math skills. i've been on a flat highway, no wind, no hills, no cargo, and just me in it, and the best i can get at 60 mph is about 25.5 mpg.
Either of you running ac? That is worth some mileage. Tire pressure? FWD or AWD?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an '08 FWD SLT-1. Speaking only of what is shown on the DIC, I'm getting a little over 21 mpg average for my daily commute, 20 miles or so, roughly 2/3 being wide-open two lane averaging 55 - 60 mph, the rest being suburban/urban with some stop and go, not every block like being downtown, but enough to drag the average down. Coming in, loss of altitude of about 100 ft., DIC shows 24.5 until I begin having to frequently stop for lights and accelerate again, but I do still manage 23 mpg for that leg by the time I park it at my office. Going back out, heavier traffic usually, it settles in around 16.5- 17 mpg until I get past the heavy stop and go, then increases, 21 mpg by the time I park it in the drive. If I really nurse it along and feather the accelerator pedal, I can get the EPA number around town, but it's an effort. Pure highway mileage is very good, at or above '08 EPA numbers. I've gotten 25.7 mpg during a drive down to the coast, 210 mi. one way, nearly all interstate or four lane highways, cruise set at 70 with a/c running the entire time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
2007 FWD - I am getting approx 14 stop and go city driving and 22 at best on all interstate driving. 5200 miles on the odometer. The worst mileage I have seen is 11 mpg all city. I calculate all by hand after each fill up. AC is on for pretty much all driving since I have had the Acadia.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I manually calculated 18.1mpg for 5 days of 18-mile return work trip. On the way to work, the trip includes a 5-mile stretch of 45-55 mph zone with the rest being stop and go. Going home is purely back roads.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Past 4 months, wife drives 10 miles per day in town and is getting 18-19mpg I fill her car up every Saturday and mpg is manually calculated. Hwy, on our FWD, 22-23mpg using gas that has NO ethenol. Our 2800 mile trip to the south last June, hwy was 21-24 mpg with the car only 2 weeks old, using paper and pencil.

We just had the NEW tranny software upgrade and we are leaving for Minneapolis in about an hour. I'll post this evening what our mpg was going and then report back Monday from return trip. We will be traveling north and south and hope we won't be bucking wind along the way. I will be watching where we fill up whether is 10% ethenol or non ethenol petro.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Our 300 mile drive to Minneapolis this morning was at steady speed of 75mph and higher in some areas with latest transmission software update performed 3 weeks ago. The trans was shifting when required on any inclines and hills with shifting into 6th at crests. Perfect! First 1/2 trip was pretty level terrain and second 1/2 some hills and more inclines. I accelerated when needed to pass on hills and go around vehicles that were tying up traffic in some spots on the freeway. I was an aggressive driver and did not hold back. First fill up was 23mpg and second was 22mpg traveling at 75mph practically the whole way and accelerating when needed to get around traffic. I cannot complain as mpg are about the same as before this latest trans software update with hwy driving. We will check it again on the way home Monday. Just think, if I was doing the 65mph speed limit, maybe go up 1-2 mpg! My fillups were with NO ethenol gasoline which was nice. This vehicle is pretty close to the advertised fuel economy, even with traveling 75mph. There are NO complaints how our Acadia performs which is, "OUT OF THIS WORLD!" My math was done with pen and paper as always do. This car has fuel economy coupled with new gidee-up when you want/need it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The DIC on my Outlook matched my manual calculations for the first 2 tanks so I am now going by that.
With just 1400 miles on it, 75MPH highway only is giving me 20MPG. Adding about 40% around town and 60% highway is giving me 18MPG.
I am happy with that as I know it will improve with age and an oil change to Mobil 1 synthetic.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine is around the 22 to 23+ m.p.g. i got 26 one time with no wind no A/C and flat terrain,highway speed was 75. Maybe it will get better with the trans flash, we have 5600 miles so far.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Trip back from Minneapolis on 10-22-07: 330 miles on 14gl = 23.5mpg[Pen and paper method] OS Temp: 50F, Speed: 75-80mph 90% of trip. Plus 45 minute stop to eat. We were on up and down terrain for first 1/2 return trip. Pedal to the metal when required....etc. Latest transmission software update done 3-4 weeks ago. Filled gas tank before leaving and filled tank when arrived home. I LOVE OUR ACADIA!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
texas123 said:
EdL said:
My latest is 33.5mpg!!! Love that six speed tranny. That was without the new flash.

·
Registered
164 Posts
logbite said:
texas123 said:
EdL said:
My latest is 33.5mpg!!! Love that six speed tranny. That was without the new flash.
33.5 Yeah...right.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Nu2GMC said:
logbite said:
texas123 said:
EdL said:
either mine is different than yours or you need to check your math skills. I've been on a flat highway, no wind, no hills, no cargo, and just me in it, and the best i can get at 60 mph is about 25.5 mpg.
33.5 Yeah...right.
I believe it can get 33.5mpg! I got 44 mpg on mine. Of course I did it on the PA turnpike and reset the DIC as soon as I started coming down off a mountain pass. Once I hit the bottom of the pass is quickly came back down, but going downhill all the way with a tail wind, I could see getting 33.5mpg. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe it can get 33.5mpg! I got 44 mpg on mine. Of course I did it on the PA turnpike and reset the DIC as soon as I started coming down off a mountain pass. Once I hit the bottom of the pass is quickly came back down, but going downhill all the way with a tail wind, I could see getting 33.5mpg. :)
[/quote]

Check out "Best reading on DIC" for more info. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
pretty much get 20.1MPG on average all the time. Whether I drive 700 miles through the moutains, in the desert, back and forth to work, freeway, city, whatever, it allways ends up at around 20.1MPG on every tank. Which I am happy with.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts