GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered that my dealer broke of the under hood fuse cover clips when the truck was in the do the heated washer and wiper arm recall a while back Found the cover loose and flopping around Tied the cover down with tie wraps. Are the these clips a generic problem? Look like a complex fix.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bmobile said:
Just discovered that my dealer broke of the under hood fuse cover clips when the truck was in the do the heated washer and wiper arm recall a while back Found the cover loose and flopping around Tied the cover down with tie wraps. Are the these clips a generic problem? Look like a complex fix.
What year model do you own? You said that you just had the heated washer and wiper arm recall done; are you the original owner?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
What year model do you own? You said that you just had the heated washer and wiper arm recall done; are you the original owner?
Don't understand what this matters

bmobile said:
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to update your signature and profile with vehicle details and location information.

If you took it in to do the recall, and they broke it during the recall they need to fix it. Take it back and speak to the service advisor/manager and ask them to kindly fix the piece they broke. Is it the cover that is damaged or the fuse block base? the cover would obviously be easier to replace, but either way, they should make it right. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Don't understand what this matters
[/color]
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to update your signature and profile with vehicle details and location information.

If you took it in to do the recall, and they broke it during the recall they need to fix it. Take it back and speak to the service advisor/manager and ask them to kindly fix the piece they broke. Is it the cover that is damaged or the fuse block base? the cover would obviously be easier to replace, but either way, they should make it right. Good luck.
(I thought) Most of these recalls have been done already; so I am a little surprised that someone is still having this work done.

·
Registered
145 Posts
jsimms said:
Mine are broken also. Dealer is ordering a new fuse box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer should fix this problem. I was just wondering if the fuse box clips were a common problem. The borken tabs are part of the box not the lid. Changing the platic box looks bit complicated. Everything is fine at the moment because I tied the lid down with tie wraps.
The dealer broke it. I wonder why they did'nt fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts