GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the best place to tap the fuse block for power when the key is in acc or the on position? There is two spare's on the block, are those hot all the time or Do I get one of those brass things that fits over the fuse that has a connector attached to it so I can use an existing fuse. It's for a DVD player so it has to have acc or key power only. :help: (long story, I'll talk about it later)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So I'm guessing this is a mobile DVD player? (not mounted to vehicle?) Anyway; does the Outlook have the 115V option?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it has headrest DVD players. No 115v power option. The 3rd party that the dealer had install it did it wrong and now it needs to be switched correctly. It goes to the dealer on Mon, but I was just looking for a little heads up. :help:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So I'm guessing that for the DVD to work you actually have to start the vehicle? It might have been set up that way so you don't run down the battery 8)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jsimms said:
So I'm guessing that for the DVD to work you actually have to start the vehicle? It might have been set up that way so you don't run down the battery 8)
That is correct and thats how it did work but my remote start would not work, they spliced into a wire that affected the remote start, now that I've gotton all that figured out and the remote start is working I was just looking to see if anyone knew of a good spot on the fuse block to tie into. Sorry to see your fender bender, I hope that it is getting fixed to your satisfaction. How long before it's back? Did I read on one of your posts that you had to pay a deductable and it was not your fault? Do you get reimbursed for that? :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
jsimms said:
That is correct and thats how it did work but my remote start would not work, they spliced into a wire that affected the remote start, now that I've gotton all that figured out and the remote start is working I was just looking to see if anyone knew of a good spot on the fuse block to tie into. Sorry to see your fender bender, I hope that it is getting fixed to your satisfaction. How long before it's back? Did I read on one of your posts that you had to pay a deductable and it was not your fault? Do you get reimbursed for that? :confused:
Expected key's in my hand date is 6 Mar. I decided to have my insurance cover the costs so that I could get it fixed as soon as possible. His insurance wanted 3 estimates etc :sosad: anyway I am paying my deductible and then I will get reimbursed at a later date; plus my dealer has a collision center and all parts for replacement are coming from the Lansing plant. No aftermarket although I don't think anyone makes an aftermarket tailgate, bumper with parking assist sensors etc. I am anxious to have it back.

As far as the fuse block; I would just stay away from anything for the TCM

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to act dumb here but what is TCM ??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6Sixathome said:
O.K. I got it ----Terrain Comp Module :-[

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I did our headrest DVD install & I recall having to pull a plug from the passenger side of the console & the fuse block. The instructions were of such poor quality I found better info here (naturally). I'll find the install thread & link it here:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4075.msg52928#msg52928

Here is a pic of the fuse block plug I shot:

The identified pin is the one you use for power.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mr. Blue, good post, between all the comentary I would think a guy could get it done without a prob. I dont have the GM headrests, I have Audiovox so to my best guess(since I dont have the instruction manual and from what I pulled off their web site) is that there needs to be a 12V acc source (wires) which they say can be found in the ignition switch or fuse block. If I get a chance to talk to the tech on Monday I will ask him about that harness or see if he knows of a good place to hook up the wire. I rerouted the power wires so all he'll have to do is plug them in. It's hard for me not to just tear into it but as my better half said "it's a warrenty thing", so to the dealer it goes.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Transmission Control Module

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jsimms said:
6Sixathome said:
Transmission Control Module
OHHHHHH the other TCM, I gotcha ya. Now I'm real :-[ :-[

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Thanks Mr. Blue, good post, between all the comentary I would think a guy could get it done without a prob. I dont have the GM headrests, I have Audiovox so to my best guess(since I dont have the instruction manual and from what I pulled off their web site) is that there needs to be a 12V acc source (wires) which they say can be found in the ignition switch or fuse block. If I get a chance to talk to the tech on Monday I will ask him about that harness or see if he knows of a good place to hook up the wire. I rerouted the power wires so all he'll have to do is plug them in. It's hard for me not to just tear into it but as my better half said "it's a warrenty thing", so to the dealer it goes.
Regardless I would let the dealer handle the problem as you already have agreed to with your wife :thumb:

Remember when momma's not happy; no one is happy

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:::

I spent a few hours at the dealer yesterday and the conclusion is that you CANNOT wire anything into the fuse block(which is hot all the time) or splice into another wire with aftermarket accessories, it effects the BCM, which can result in items to working correctly(remote start for instance) or possible damage to the system. We are trying to figure out what can be done. The options are install the GM genuine DVD headrest system, that way we know it can be installed with no issues or $$$$ refunded back to me, either way I'm content. Since the dealer had it installed by a third party when the Outlook was new and before I ever got my hands on it, it is their responsibility to satisfy me the owner---period. I would suggest that if anyone is thinking about doing this, get the genuine GM headrests, It can be installed correctly and it is engineered for these Lambda's. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:

I spent a few hours at the dealer yesterday and the conclusion is that you CANNOT wire anything into the fuse block(which is hot all the time) or splice into another wire with aftermarket accessories, it effects the BCM, which can result in items to working correctly(remote start for instance) or possible damage to the system. We are trying to figure out what can be done. The options are install the GM genuine DVD headrest system, that way we know it can be installed with no issues or $$$$ refunded back to me, either way I'm content. Since the dealer had it installed by a third party when the Outlook was new and before I ever got my hands on it, it is their responsibility to satisfy me the owner---period. I would suggest that if anyone is thinking about doing this, get the genuine GM headrests, It can be installed correctly and it is engineered for these Lambda's. :banghead:
Well the dealer will say that you cannot wire into the fuse block for obvious reasons; unfortunately you are in a tough spot; so what did you decide, money or GM headrests?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jsimms said:
6Sixathome said:

Well the dealer will say that you cannot wire into the fuse block for obvious reasons; unfortunately you are in a tough spot; so what did you decide, money or GM headrests?
I perfer the GM headrests.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
OK; so the dealer will install the GM headrest players at their expense? What about the third party system that has been installed?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jsimms said:
OK; so the dealer will install the GM headrest players at their expense? What about the third party system that has been installed?
I will know Thurs how it all will work, once the 3rd party gets notified.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
jsimms said:
I will know Thurs how it all will work, once the 3rd party gets notified.
Yeah they aren't going to be too happy with that news

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thats a load of crap. I had an aftermarket overhead dvd installed in my Acadia and it was wired into the fuse block with NO problems at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts