GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my poor Chevy Equinox was in the shop again for something. Don’t remember which problem it was this time. As I was returning my rental car at the BPG dealer they had a delivery truck there with this thing on the top. I was looking at on the top of the truck trying to decide if it was a GMC equinox. So went to work and looked up the Acadia. Fell in love. Immediately wanted it but knew I was still upside down on the Nox. A few weeks later after spending about 4 hours reading things on this site I decide I will wait for the 08 model to come out and look into purchasing an Acadia toward the end of the year. Well that night I am on the way home and it is raining. I get on the freeway and start spinning, end up kissing a block wall. Well two weeks later they consider my car a total loss. So I run to the dealer to see what they have and probably do a region search.

After a few hours I drove home a new deep blue metallic – titanium SLT 1 FWD; HUD, sunroof, DVD, convenience package, power liftgate, XM you know all the fun.

I look forward to this forum. I was active in equinoxcentral.com... Just said goodbye there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
welcome zinc - and I'm glad you're OK after the accident.

And congrats on your new Acadia!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Maybe things happen for a reason. I also have the deep blue metallic. Not as popular as some but sure is a rich looking color. Enjoy and drive safely, the vehicle you save might be an Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Zinc, Congrat's and welcome!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Deep Blue Metallic was actually my next choice, but they couldn't find one on the lot I could afford. LOL

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Acadia purchase!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Woo hoo! Welcome to the fun site! Acadia drivers do it better... HA! Guess it was just meant to be my friend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey GAgirl. I lived in Alabama for two years. In fact last week on the 5th was the 10th anniversary of going to Alabama. Loved it there.

Have to say after my first day I love it more then I did when I purchased it. I am sad that it already has 200 miles on it. But I have to get used to that. I just drive a lot.

Thanks everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Wow. Congrats! I have a 07 nox and my dh just two days ago got a REd Jewel Acadia. We had to drive 4 hours to get a red jewel. Black interior is not my favorite, it will be very hot inthere this summer. He already said yesterday when he was driving to work, that his back was sweating. I told him I would look for a cloth cover for his seat, the leather is apparantly giving him a sweaty back. But with it so new, I doubt there is a cloth seat cover to fit that seat. Those mesh things I never see that stay on or fit well. ANy ideas? I do know he is getting better gas mileage in his awd than I in my nox awd. poohey.



zinc said:
So my poor Chevy Equinox was in the shop again for something. Don’t remember which problem it was this time. As I was returning my rental car at the BPG dealer they had a delivery truck there with this thing on the top. I was looking at on the top of the truck trying to decide if it was a GMC equinox. So went to work and looked up the Acadia. Fell in love. Immediately wanted it but knew I was still upside down on the Nox. A few weeks later after spending about 4 hours reading things on this site I decide I will wait for the 08 model to come out and look into purchasing an Acadia toward the end of the year. Well that night I am on the way home and it is raining. I get on the freeway and start spinning, end up kissing a block wall. Well two weeks later they consider my car a total loss. So I run to the dealer to see what they have and probably do a region search.

After a few hours I drove home a new deep blue metallic – titanium SLT 1 FWD; HUD, sunroof, DVD, convenience package, power liftgate, XM you know all the fun.

I look forward to this forum. I was active in equinoxcentral.com... Just said goodbye there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Hey jewelacadia... welcome to the forum. I have a Red Jewel too, but ebony cloth interior. There must be some sort of cloth cover that you can fit over those seats. If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

Congrats on your new Acadia. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
THank you. Dh is in love with it. He thought he might sleep in it the other night... :-*

Definitely let me know if you know of a cover or something to make that seat cooler. He is going to get darker tint over the factory tint to cool it off. Though he did that in his van, and in the back you can barely see out.

We thought of a great commercial for it. So there is a family in their van, on vacation, the toddler screaming, the 8-9 year old bored, the teen, doing their teen rolling eye thing with some nasty music on, and the mom is trying to read a huge map and telling dad to turn, then saying, "no thats not the turn," after he turns, The dad about ready to wig out, hits bump and coffee spills on him.

Then, serenity in the Acadia. The toddler and 9 year old watching cartoons, (with headsets) the teen with her own headphones on listening to whatever she wants. The parents, holding hands, with some light jazz on, drinking their coffee, while the NaV says "Turn right in 1/4 mile".
Bliss.
We were laughing cause this is what happened yesterday while driving, little one watching tv, teen with her own music on, us smiling happily while nav tells us to turn...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
That's funny!!

After showing the teen they could "tune" in to her music. My theme song right now is the Queen song that Dr. Pepper is using.

"I want it all. I want it all. I want it all and I WANT IT NOW!!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
mckcab said:
That's funny!!

After showing the teen they could "tune" in to her music. My theme song right now is the Queen song that Dr. Pepper is using.

"I want it all. I want it all. I want it all and I WANT IT NOW!!!"
I love that commercial........It cracks me up, especially when he's sitting between thos speakers.. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you were able to get our unhurt and not upside down with it...

Welcome to THE best Acadia forum on the web!

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
GAgirl said:
Woo hoo! Welcome to the fun site! Acadia drivers do it better... HA! Guess it was just meant to be my friend!
Hey I'd like to see that on a window decal.... "Acadia drivers do it better".

Welcome to the club zinc. Just glad that no one was seriously hurt.

-- Paul
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top