GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally think I have put all the necessary parts together. I will be installing a Motorola IHF-1000 Bluetooth kit into my 2008 Acadia No-Nav w/bose.

Here is my parts list:

1 - $183.00 - Motorola IHF-1000 $183.00 from: http://www.originalwirelessaccessories.com/product_p/ihf1000.htm
1 - $105.52 - GMCSS-3A Cellsite Harness http://www.audiooutfitter.com/gmcss-3a/cellsite/p707859.html
Thats a total of $288.52 including s/h.

I will take detailed pic's of the install if anyone wants and let you know how it works out.

Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Re: Full Bluetooth Kit Installation - In progress

I would love to see detailed pictures and installation notes for this. Great project!

·
Registered
339 Posts

Yep, definitely post the info. I'm sure lots of us would be interested to see the details.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Do you have the factory DVD rear entertainment system? I am curious how the radio muting function works if the backseat passengers are watching a movie using the headphones. The IHF1000 is my 1st choice for a bluetooth kit, and I am trying to decide if I should interface it to the radio, or just use the external speaker that comes with it. Look forward to seeing your pictures. You found some great prices for the kit and harness. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

28948 - No I dont have any DVD options installed at this time, thats a future project. I am trying to find the in-seat ones aftermarket that look as good as the ones you can buy from the dealer.

Well - checked - everything has shipped - should arrive next week and ok - I will take detailed pics for everyone. From what I can read so far this should be fairly simple.

More to come....

·
Registered
71 Posts

The second link says the product is no longer available..... ???

·
Registered
381 Posts

Yes do tell how it's going!

I purchased the GMX-320 so the extra mute harness will not be required. I probably only need the HF850 (half the price) but I paid the extra for the IHF-1000. If I like it, I'll add it to my expedition.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just bought an SLT 2 w/Nav-DVD for my wife - Blutetoothe is important to us but I am not an installer type, nor am I tech knowledge type person. Any soultions and or recomendations would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Here are pics before and thru the install.

I havent forgot everyone sorry for the delay.

Well I got it all installed rather quickly - about 3 hours. I didnt break anything (thats good :blob:).

<edited - removed pics link>

·
Registered
35 Posts

How is the sound quality and what is displayed on the radio during a call?

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Sound quality is awesome but I have noticed that if you have a Cingular, TMOBILE or ATT phone and you put it in the front cupholder you can occasionally hear the same sound as if you put the phone near computer speakers... But you can just use the 2nd cupholder and that is far enough away to not cause interference.

The systems is loud and clear and during the Motoroal IHF-1000's usage you see "Bluetooth" on the display. The system automatically pauses the CDrom if in use otherwise it just returns you back to your previous listening and volume.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Any more pics? Would like to see where the mic is mounted and the interface button.

Any detailed instructions?? ;D

I see your a local by your tolltag... :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts

And, for those who may be planning to purchase an '09, here's a .pdf of a GM buletin I picked-up today while visiting a Chev. dealer. They also had some interesting info on the center stack (as relates to the CTS), & other data. I guess I'll need to upgrade my phone later on to a bluetooth - especially with the laws changing re: handsfree. It sounds like some of you are making nice enhancements to your Acadia's with your own aftermarket bluetooth. Good work!

Smooth[/color]

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts

I know it's too early to tell but it would be nice to know if the kit would be 08 upgrade-able...I have a hard time understanding that, if an option, how bluetooth could NOT be an '08 option as well...and probably better ergonomically than a 3rd party job...

I was going to install my Tellphone tomorrow too...hmmm...Glad I hesitated.

I have a large UPS order to go back on Monday now!!! I'll return the GMX-320 as well and when the GM bluetooth is out, I will re-review my options. Possibly by then an advanced lockpick version may be out as well (aka software upgrade).

·
Registered
262 Posts

Smooth said:
And, for those who may be planning to purchase an '09, here's a .pdf of a GM buletin I picked-up today while visiting a Chev. dealer. They also had some interesting info on the center stack (as relates to the CTS), & other data. I guess I'll need to upgrade my phone later on to a bluetooth - especially with the laws changing re: handsfree. It sounds like some of you are making nice enhancements to your Acadia's with your own aftermarket bluetooth. Good work!

Smooth[/color]
Nice find Smooth. Thanks for passing that on.

·
Registered
207 Posts

That is good news. I'll just hang out and wait to see what they end up with.

·
Registered
423 Posts

So do you have to have OnStar for this system to be integrated into the sound system? Are there just modules to plug into and plug the radio into the module. Sounds really sweet, maybe I just misunderstood and you already said it does.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts