GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know what the majority will respond with. But I thought I would post anyway. I have a brand new 2008 Acadia SLE with 300 miles on it. What are you thoughts on 85 octane fuel as opposed to 87 octane fuel here in the mile high city? My guess it would not be good for the engine overtime. I just wanted to know your thoughts on sticking with 87 or higher. The manual does recommend 89 or higher I believe but is not opposed to 87.

Thanks and Go Rockies. :thumb:

·
Registered
217 Posts
edc2008 said:
I think I know what the majority will respond with. But I thought I would post anyway. I have a brand new 2008 Acadia SLE with 300 miles on it. What are you thoughts on 85 octane fuel as opposed to 87 octane fuel here in the mile high city? My guess it would not be good for the engine overtime. I just wanted to know your thoughts on sticking with 87 or higher. The manual does recommend 89 or higher I believe but is not opposed to 87.

Thanks and Go Rockies. :thumb:
In cold weather city driving I usually run 87 about half of the time, 85 every other tank, but I typically stick with Chevron or Shell when I do use 85. However the lowest grade of Shell gas here is now 87 rather than 85, but that's because it's 10% ethanol. In hot weather I plan on using only 87 since I think hot weather necessitates a little higher octane. I think the manual recommends 87 octane unless you are towing a trailer. That my two cents worth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts