GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does your fuel pump always make a wining noise? curious to know who has that, and if it's normal on the acadias.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
There are different noises, but I have never noticed specifically that I am hearing the fuel pump. Where is the noise coming from and when are you hearing it?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
thewal said:
does your fuel pump always make a wining noise? curious to know who has that, and if it's normal on the acadias.
ALWAYS???? Meaning it is a constant noise that you hear whenever the vehicle is on and running?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
On a stock vehicle you should not be able to hear the pump over the running vehicle. You should hear it prime (run) a couple of seconds when the key is turned on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is constantly on. you hear it mostly under the car between the tires on the driver side.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I don't hear any constant whining noises coming from my 08. Do you have an 08 or 07.. Can you please update your signature too. Maybe you can have them check the fuel pump while they look at your muffler too.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
thewal said:
it is constantly on. you hear it mostly under the car between the tires on the driver side.
That's where the fuel tank is.

In the past GM has had some notoriously loud fuel pumps. My '03 Silverado was almost embarassing it was so loud. I had hoped GM would have gotten away from this. My '07 Silverado and the Acadia are silent. It could just be a bad unit that is about to fail (it happens) or you could just have gotten a loud one.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
thewal said:
I think that is something you should take it in for. I have never heard any noise like you describe.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have a Walbro high pressure 255 liter per hour pump in my turbocharged Trans Am, and could hear it over the exhaust inside the car until I installed a remote drain pump for the turbo. I've never really noticed one from the inside on a stock vehicle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a chevy astro van that the pump squealed from day one and after the warranty was up it went out and cost me over 400 dollars to replace. Have it checked out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you ever resolve your problem? Are you sure it is the fuel pump? My 2007 SLE makes a constant high-pitched buzzing noise that is mostly audible from the exterior, low near the driver's side door. The sound begins as soon as I start the engine. It is not noticeable when sitting inside, so I don't know if the noise stops when the car is moving. I did a search, but could not find any more info.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
McCalf said:
Did you ever resolve your problem? Are you sure it is the fuel pump? My 2007 SLE makes a constant high-pitched buzzing noise that is mostly audible from the exterior, low near the driver's side door. The sound begins as soon as I start the engine. It is not noticeable when sitting inside, so I don't know if the noise stops when the car is moving. I did a search, but could not find any more info.
Jumping in.........have you opened the hood to try and find this buzzing noise?

·
Registered
12 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
Jumping in.........have you opened the hood to try and find this buzzing noise?
I have not checked under the hood. I've only had the car a few days, and didn't notice it until yesterday. It almost sounds like it is coming from under the car (near the driver's door). I will try to do a little more investigation this weekend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the same thing on my 08 acadia, wining busing sound, it's the fuel pump, i had the dealer loock at and they said it's ok. I am not convinced it's ok, so i am going back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts