GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if this is unique to my vehicle............after the gas pump has shut off, mistakenly signaling me that the tank is "full", I can still slowly add up to 4 gallons by just kinda dribbling it in. Attempts to restart the fill using engaging the lowest refill speed doesnt work, it shuts off again in a few seconds.
This is a minor problem now, more of an annoyance, but come the cold weather its gonna be a royal pain getting a full tank of gas.

Also, after parking the Acadia I can never get a gas gage reading that is consistant with the reading I was getting prior to parking. The variance can be as much as 1/4 tank difference.
Whats the fix for this one ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
We have a long tank with not much depth. The Tank runs front to rear. Thus if you car is not parked absolutely flat, you will get a misreading until you are on the road and level. The trouble is it takes several miles until it readjusts.
If you are getting a 1/4 tank difference on flat ground. Then thats a problem.
I have no problem filling my tank.
Do you have the same problem at different pumps. You might try filling at a different gas station.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dont stick the nossle so far in. we have this trouble on some of our cars that it stops becasue if splases back and we move the nossle up a bit and it is fine.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I agree with Sandman that you should try and make sure that the vehicle is as level as possible when fueling. I had the same problem if I fueled up and the nose end of the vehicle was lower than the rear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am positive that during all previous fill-ups the ground was dead-level. It doesnt seem to make a difference.

Also, I get wide fluctuations on the gas gage while driving on what is usually level roads. It starts with one reading, after being parked on level ground, and then changes as I drive a short distance.
Ill leave it to the dealer to address at service time. OK, maybe not !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts