GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for your reply, NWAcadia. When I tried the windshield wiper spray today, the driver side nozzle still didn't work at all, and the left side nozzle just sprayed about 3"-5", hardly hitting the windshield. Looks like I have to work on both nozzles. Do you think that I'll be able to change both nozzles if I buy two replacement nozzle parts from the GM dealership? I'm not very mechanically oriented but if it's an easy matter, maybe I'll attempt it. If I can't do it, think I'm better off going to a local car mechanic to do the work instead of the GM dealership (i.e., will it cost me less to go to the local car mechanic)? Thanks!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
jbcallahan said:
Thanks for your reply, NWAcadia. When I tried the windshield wiper spray today, the driver side nozzle still didn't work at all, and the left side nozzle just sprayed about 3"-5", hardly hitting the windshield. Looks like I have to work on both nozzles. Do you think that I'll be able to change both nozzles if I buy two replacement nozzle parts from the GM dealership? I'm not very mechanically oriented but if it's an easy matter, maybe I'll attempt it. If I can't do it, think I'm better off going to a local car mechanic to do the work instead of the GM dealership (i.e., will it cost me less to go to the local car mechanic)? Thanks!

You don't have to be too mechanically inclined with this one. The parts just pop in and out of the hood. The hardest part will be getting the hood liner down and out of the way so that you can get to the washers. I believe the hood liner is just held in with push/pull plugs.
Unfortunately, you'll have to get the washers themselves from your local dealer unless you can find a junk yard with a wrecked acadia/traverse/enclave in their midst. I called all around here and there was nothing at the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. I took a look at the underside of the hood and I do think I can handle this one! I'm going to see if our local NAPA auto supplier might carry, or can get, these two nozzles. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the nozzle get brittle and break where the tubing connects on my 2008 Acadia. Windshield washer fluid was spraying under the hood instead of out the nozzles. I ordered two replacements from GMPartsDirect.com and they were easy to replace and never had a problem with the 2008 Acadia nozzles after that.

Now, October 2021 and my 2013 Acadia had the tube break off under the hood. I searched on Amazon and ordered replacements. They did not last. One snapped off during install. The others keep blowing out the little rectangle nozzle .
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grille
So yesterday I ordered replacements from GMPartsDirect.com. They worked for my 2008 Acadia. And, this time I'm going to add a little super glue just for added assurance.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts