GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Everyone,

I have a question about my front spray nozzles. I could have sworn when I bought my Acadia that the spray nozzles were far more rigorous than they are now. When the spray comes out of the washers and onto the windows, the spray pattern is maybe 3-5 inches in diameter when it hits the window.

So my question to you is? Do your sprayers come out in a fan pattern or just a sort of "cone" pattern?

Just wondering if my main pump is starting to lag or about to burn out? 90000 km on the Acadia now.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
im going to sat Spray-- I like the pattern on my Traverse.. its covers the whole windshield...

Have you poked the nozzles with a safety pin--- maybe theyre slightly clogged?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Big fan spray. Covers the whole windshield.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Today I hit the washers and the passenger side sprayer just exploded. So obviously something wrong with them. Can't believe that. 2008 vehicle and the Windshield washer sprayer nozzle thingy needs replacing! Sheesh!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
That's a junkyard part....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish i could find one in a junkyard here. Too new for most junkyards around here.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
NWAcadia said:
I wish i could find one in a junkyard here. Too new for most junkyards around here.
This is an old fogey car, check on line the junk yards in Florida, Arizona, the 'retirement' states, bet you get lucky!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Disconnect the rubber hose and You may be able to blow air thru the plastic piece that makes the spray pattern.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the input.

So I wished I took pictures of it but, what happened was the little guide that controls the fan in the top of the Squirter, "blew out" of the spray nozzle. There is a little piece of plastic in the top of the nozzle that's about .25 inch by .5 inch and it had simply removed it self from the nozzle. So with a little crazy glue i simply re-inserted the plastic piece and I'm back up and running again. So I think what was happening was water was just "pooling" in the passenger side sprayer and causing the nozzles to not perform as well as they should. Now i have fans again covering the windows. I may just buy a spare to have on hand in case this happens while I'm on the road or something one day.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
I have a Traverse-- my squirters are on the hood....

Acadias are where? slightly under hood?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
rbarrios said:
I have a Traverse-- my squirters are on the hood....

Acadias are where? slightly under hood?
On the hood

·
Registered
420 Posts
NWAcadia said:
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the input.

So I wished I took pictures of it but, what happened was the little guide that controls the fan in the top of the Squirter, "blew out" of the spray nozzle. There is a little piece of plastic in the top of the nozzle that's about .25 inch by .5 inch and it had simply removed it self from the nozzle. So with a little crazy glue i simply re-inserted the plastic piece and I'm back up and running again. So I think what was happening was water was just "pooling" in the passenger side sprayer and causing the nozzles to not perform as well as they should. Now i have fans again covering the windows. I may just buy a spare to have on hand in case this happens while I'm on the road or something one day.
Thats strange, my drivers side nozzle just let this little rectangular piece fly out too. Now it just dribbles out the left, the right still sprays normally. I didn't want to glue it so I just went to the parts counter and picked up a new one. It just snaps in, should take about 5 mins to install (gotta remove the 8 tabs for the hood insulation). I figured 5 or 6 bucks maybe, but it was $21! :thumbdown:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine did the same thing last week. We just used crazy glue too.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
R-D said:
I figured 5 or 6 bucks maybe, but it was $21! :thumbdown:

$21!! Wow- that is absurd for a small piece of plastic! Since GM got your money for the vehicle I guess they will soak you anyway they can.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok how weird is that others are experiencing this. And even worse is that there aren't any at wrecking yard yet. $21 is absurd!!! I was pleasantly surprised that the salesman that I bought my car from was very helpful and got me his pricing on a new one, which is $13. I'm going down next week to get a spare in case it happens again and the little black thing goes AWOL. Crazy glue still holding in place though!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I swapped it today, literally only took 1-2 minutes. Was able to just pry out 4 of the clips holding the hood insulator and push it back enough to get at the nozzle. I couldn't depress the tabs on the old nozzle enough to release it from the hood, so I just took a flat head screwdriver and pulled on it a bit - it snapped right in half.

To put in the new one, just insert it through the hole from the outside of the hood and it snaps right down, push the washer fluid hose on and good to go.

As for the $21 price, I had found the nozzle online for as little as $7 but once shipping was factored in, it would have been $20 anwyays.

Here's the aftermath of the old one, you can see the rectangular piece that comes out at the bottom.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
NWAcadia said:
Ok how weird is that others are experiencing this. And even worse is that there aren't any at wrecking yard yet. $21 is absurd!!! I was pleasantly surprised that the salesman that I bought my car from was very helpful and got me his pricing on a new one, which is $13. I'm going down next week to get a spare in case it happens again and the little black thing goes AWOL. Crazy glue still holding in place though!!!
NW- how about you buy a case of them at $13 each and we can buy them from you (providing you don't charge too much for shipping!). LOL ;D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a good idea! I should look into it and find out what would cost to ship them???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi -- My problem with the driver side windshield wiper nozzle is a little different since it just doesn't work at all--no water comes out that side. I've filled up the reservoir and stuck a safety pin to make sure the nozzle wasn't blocked, but no luck. Any other ideas of why the driver's side windshield wiper nozzle is not working? Thanks!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Take the insulation down from the hood and disconnect the hose. See if your even getting fluid to that nozzle if so. Your nozzle is clogged and needs to be repaired or replaced. Or it could be as simple as the hose has just come undone underneath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts