GMC Acadia Forum banner

Will You Drill Into the Bumper of Your New Acadia for the Tag Bracket?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way

• Maybe

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TagI would like to put on but when holding the bracket in place it disturbs the flow (looks) of the front end.

Thats just me. I'll wait until the new wears off.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Actually, the dealer does it here. Utah is a two-plate state. There's a big fine for not displaying the front plate.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
same in VA, Kelly...

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
same in NY

·
Registered
182 Posts
No such laws in AL, but I plan to show my school colors and support my team. That orange tag will be beautiful on the Deep Blue Metallic.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it back out today and found I had it on upside down the first time.

It's not too bad the correct way.

I'll let the dealer drill the holes though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
NO! We don't need a front plate in my state but many dealers install the bracket and slide in some advertising for themselves. I'd better inform my dealer to NOT install the front bracket and just toss it in the rear when my vehicle arrives form the factory. I want the clean front end as it was designed.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'll probably try bolts and some sticky wall stuff (kinda like dough) to hold the top in place. First time I took the car through a car wash the blower snapped the little plastic frame on the holder.

·
Registered
307 Posts
clsuper said:
No such laws in AL, but I plan to show my school colors and support my team. That orange tag will be beautiful on the Deep Blue Metallic.
Not required in GA either, but I plan to show MY school colors and support my team. Big Al will be beautiful on my "two-thousand Saban" Red Tint Jewel! RTR!! ;D

·
Registered
97 Posts
admin said:
same in VA, Kelly...
ditto that. I'v got a bra on the strat so I put the tag is in my front window. I just got a warning for it. Apparently it has to be on the bumper. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not required in Michigan. But on our 300M chrysler, dealer drilled one of the plate frames into our car when it was brand new, without asking first!!!! It has the dealer name all over it, so he does it to all their cars. 4 holes in a $30,000 car, we were furious. We made him take it off and order 4 caps that matched the car color, to fill in the holes! If it were required, we would have it installed, of course.

·
Registered
82 Posts
etgus said:
Not required in Michigan. But on our 300M chrysler, dealer drilled one of the plate frames into our car when it was brand new, without asking first!!!! It has the dealer name all over it, so he does it to all their cars. 4 holes in a $30,000 car, we were furious. We made him take it off and order 4 caps that matched the car color, to fill in the holes! If it were required, we would have it installed, of course.
Same thing happened to me here in Georgia, told the salesman that we wanted the dealer stickers removed when they were detailing the truck before we left the lot. Truck came back with a new dealer license plate drilled through the front!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just called my dealer to ask them about front tags. They said that unless I sepcifically ask for them then they will not be on the front bumper. My state, NM, does not require 2 tags. If they do I am going to have a looong talk with the manager.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No choice here in North Dakota...gotta have a plate on each end.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts