GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for the front end bushings and supported parts to fail on the Acadias? We have, for lack of better terminology, a creaking from the front end when turning. The brakes also make a “squishing” sound.
We just purchased two months ago and about to drive half way across the country.
Thx

2011 Acadia Denali 2wd

2011 Acadia Denali
Stock for now

·
Registered
712 Posts
Curious, have the brakes been done? Some history on (known) repairs may help.
I haven't heard anything problematic about the front end.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
My son, the service advisor, sees his share of 1st gen Lambda vehicles with front suspension issues. They seem to have been under designed.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Moving suspension parts wear out over time. How quickly they do that depends mostly on how/where the vehicle is driven and quality of the parts. Another factor is maintenance. Rubber suspension bushings should be lubed each time the engine oil is changed. Lubrication is usually nothing more than a simple spray of silicone- or soap-based solution, lithium-based spray lube works equally well. Many lube techs and DIYers forget to do that when they change the oil.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Brake pads will 'chirp' when the brakes are applied if they're worn. The "squishy" sound you hear may be noise made by the vacuum booster. It's very noticeable if the brakes are applied at a standstill.

Reactions: neo.smith

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
I had stabilzer bar end lnks and isolator bushings changed at ~115K miles. That's when they became worn to the point I felt it was needed based on driveability and visual inspection. I'm a former licensed vehicle safety inspector, so I might know something about what I told you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious, have the brakes been done? Some history on (known) repairs may help.
I haven't heard anything problematic about the front end.
Brakes done upon purchase. And then new tires. I haven’t touched this one yet as far as repairs, etc: I’ve just been reading thru and was curious if it was common. It will go to the shop a week before driving but trying to get background on possibly common issues so they don’t try to throw the book at me.

2011 Acadia Denali
Stock for now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it common for the front end bushings and supported parts to fail on the Acadias? We have, for lack of better terminology, a creaking from the front end when turning. The brakes also make a “squishing” sound.
We just purchased two months ago and about to drive half way across the country.
Thx

2011 Acadia Denali 2wd
The Acadia has Macpherson strut front suspension, so you've got a tie rod end, a lower ball joint and a strut bearing, all of which pivot in order to turn the wheels left & right.

Does the sound happen while moving only, or does it also happen when the vehicle is stationary?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes it is a common problem for sway bar end links to cause creaking at slow speeds around rough corners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just had the sway bar bushings and end links installed this week on our 2011 with 96k. Was making a clunking sound from the suspension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts