GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go out there to change the marker light bulb yesterday and find out after getting it off that the reason it wasn’t working is because someone had accidentally cut one of the wires that go to it. There’s three wires running to the plug itself. I thought oh, no big deal I’ll just remove it and solder it back together. Wrong! The wire was cut right up against the plug. There’s no way to solder to just a plastic socket with copper wire butted up against the socket without having enough wire showing. I have been pondering on going to a pull a part place, or even going and getting a factory wiring harness for the entire headlight and replacing it but can’t even find the part number for it. I don’t believe I have HID, if I do I’d be surprised from all the stuff I’ve been reading I’d tell the difference in wiring all together. I wouldn’t even bother with the marker light itself but it bugs me to look at it and see the passenger side is working but the drivers side is out. Anyone have the part number for the wiring harness for it so I can order it. It would save me time from having to go to the boneyard to find out they don’t have it. Much appreciative for everyone’s help.

·
Super Moderator
21,132 Posts
Reactions: Lawdawg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See if you can find what you need here: GM Parts Direct
They don’t have it there unfortunately. Crazy to see they don’t have the wiring on there. Both sets, non hid and hid has the part number there in the photo but doesn’t have it listed. So, apparently they’re not selling them anymore. I may have to find one on Amazon, or Ebay.

·
Super Moderator
21,132 Posts
Use the part number as a keyword in an internet search and see what results you get. Someone like a salvage parts company might have it listed on their website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use the part number as a keyword in an internet search and see what results you get. Someone like a salvage parts company might have it listed on their website.
I forgot to mention it’s not a part number just a number in a list, it shows a headlight assembly, consisting of every nut, bolt, and wire going to it and each one number numbered. Crappy part is the two that are for the wiring aren’t in the list but are numbered. I’ve got a salvage yard that’s got a couple of them that’s supposed to be calling me back tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a good one for me. They didn’t even have them as a item for sale, they said usually people just buy the headlight itself, they’ve never had to sale the wiring portion. I told them that these are like mini harnesses and plug in to a larger group of wires. I noticed today at the Pick a Part that was one of the first things folks grabbed off them was the wires, and you’d be shocked at the amount of folks who didn’t take the time to look at them, and realize about 3-4 inches further they unplugged

1 - 5 of 5 Posts