GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a two-plate state but when I retire next year I'm moving to a one-plate state. I'd like to leave the front fascia un-penetrated if possible. Has anyone fashioned a holder that doesn't require holes?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good question. I think, since it's not going to be permant, I would try a quality removable adhesive product--like some kind of 3M strips. That way, the bracket could be "stuck" to the bumper, and then still be removed later without much hassle or a mess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave up and mounted the factory holder. I'll just find a cool plate to put on it when we move to Tennessee.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I registered the Acadia in Texas and needed a front license plate holder. Called a local GM dealer and was quoted $43 for a plate holder :eek:' decided to go to AutoZone and buy one there. GM dimpled the front bumper so you can mount the license plate in the middle

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
miken said:
I live in a two-plate state but when I retire next year I'm moving to a one-plate state. I'd like to leave the front fascia un-penetrated if possible. Has anyone fashioned a holder that doesn't require holes?
Try paper clips/wire ties through the grill, or duct tape!! :beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts