GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can we remove it?
Never did liked any infront of my vehicle..much more being a moving advertisement for the dealership.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It is riveted on. Just drill out the rivets... but you'll have holes in the bumber to deal with.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is one of the freebies that I truly do not like.
Most of the dealerships I've been to, if not all, have Acadias with front license brackets. We don't even have license plates infront here in PA.
I'm thinking, can that plastic piece where that bracket is riveted be replaced?

·
Registered
395 Posts
kram said:
I'm thinking, can that plastic piece where that bracket is riveted be replaced?
Probably but it is the whole bumper cover that will need replacing. I live in a 2 tag state and mine came without it. It took almost a month to get the bracket and it came with the rivets in the kit, so I know that is how it is installed. I assume they use rivets because there is no access to the back of the cover for a nut and bolt. You will have at least two, if not four holes in the bumper cover if you take it off. They could probably be covered with a large headed bolt or plastic trim piece but you are probably better off just getting a plate you like and mounting it up front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As before on this thread somwhere...I used a small chisel and cut the rivets off to remove the frame. I left the tiny holes in the bumper, as they are not really noticeable. The front end looks much better and cleaner! Also replaced the red plastic GMC grill emblem with all chrome. It looks great on the Liquid Silver! :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may end up doing the same. Or cover the hole with some fillers and touch it up.
I did see some pics (was that yours?) of the all-chrome grill emblem..very nice! :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
We were LUCKY our dealership did not put one on the front of ours...............
therefore no holes, no problems!!!!!!!!!!! And I like it that way!! :cheers:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I guess being in a state where a front license plate is required by law, I've lived with it my entire life and have never been bothered by it or given a second thought (or a first for that matter) about how it made the front end of my vehicle appear.

Personally, I think that if you live in an area where a front license plate is not required by law, then the dealerships have no business installing them before the vehicle is purchased. They ought to fix it for you. It's not like you asked for them to damage your new vehicle by putting holes in the bumper for a license plate that's not even required. :-\

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have just asked a friend who's got a Honda Pilot..the front license bracket is like a C-clamp type..no drilling on the bumper, can be removed anytime...ohhh well..

·
Registered
123 Posts
kram said:
I have just asked a friend who's got a Honda Pilot..the front license bracket is like a C-clamp type..no drilling on the bumper, can be removed anytime...ohhh well..
a clip on license plate :eek:hno: not with all the plate thieves in california. it will probably cost more and be more trouble to keep replacing the license plate numbers everytime someone steals it. at the price of 15 bucks plus 12 bucks tags to replace... :eek:hno: we are required to have the license plate on the front of our vehicle or you will get a nice ticket.

·
Registered
123 Posts
kram said:
How can we remove it?
Never did liked any infront of my vehicle..much more being a moving advertisement for the dealership.
oh i thought you were talking about something else.... if you live where you must have license plates on front of your as i do you can just purchase a new frame from just about anywhere to replace the dealers frames. you can also take them off and turn over the dealers new car tag's if you still have the temp registration on your car. that will cut down on advertisement go figure, they charge the consumer advertising fees and we are the ones doing the advertising after we purchase the car. :eek:hno: :sosad:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not really very easy to remove on the pilot..and it looks like it has also been bolted on the bumper.
the point is, the Acadia looks so much better without the front license bracket..we don't need a front license plate, too, here in PA

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
have an appointment today. the dealership's service center will try to figure out how to remove and patch the holes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I removed mine and filled the holes with short self tapping black screws. That way it looks like it serves a purpose instead of just some holes. Also, since I live in California and I get a fix it ticket I can just stick the front lisence plate w/bracket on with the screws I have in there.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
gnarboots11 said:
I removed mine and filled the holes with short self tapping black screws. That way it looks like it serves a purpose instead of just some holes. Also, since I live in California and I get a fix it ticket I can just stick the front lisence plate w/bracket on with the screws I have in there.
So you're supposed to have a front plate and choose not to? You rebel. :p I'm not that brave. Our police are cranky and would probably rather ticket you than give you a warning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had agreement w/ my dealer that they wouldn't install the bracket when my vehicle arrived ... they supposedly put notices up in all the right places to ensure holes wouldn't get drilled. Well the vehicle arrived yesterday and my salesperson informed me today that they accidently installed the bracket. They intend to make it right by replacing the bumper. Lovely.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had mine removed today. BAD MISTAKE. :angryfire: :angryfire:
The dealership did a half-a** job! Scratches on the bumper where the bracket was taken off. I did a quick look when it was turned over to me and figured I'm just gonna wipe it off..some are just deep, I can't remove it..maybe a screwdriver was used to pry it open. Not very visible when at a distance..but standing infront and looking down..awful :banghead:
I'm okay with the button plugs put in place on the holes...one plug is not completely in and shows it was forcefully done with a little dip in the bumper..they were already close when I got home and check the vehicle.
They surely will get it first in the morning!
My camera is acting up so no pics yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ALWAYS make it a point to say not to put it on any vehicle I buy... I refuse to buy a vehicle from a dealer who puts them on all their vehicles.

Thank God I don't live in TX :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts