GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no/little air coming from the front dash vents on my wife's 2011 Acadia regardless of how the system is set. After doing some research, I've tried resetting the HVAC system by temporarily pulling the fuse. No effect. The blower doesn't have any obvious damage and the front floor and rear vents work fine. Is it likely the blend door actuator pictured that's bad? Also, possibly more importantly, I noticed a disconnected wire after I removed the access panel on the passenger side, but I don't see anywhere to plug it in. Does someone happen to know where this needs to be plugged in and/or if it's related? Thanks!

Edit: not able to attach photos for some reason, nor can I post a link to Photobucket. I was able to create a gallery album titled "Front dash HVAC vents not working" though.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Id definitely look into the actuator-

I have a post on HOW TO actuators....
check it out.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
hmm 2011..
I was going to say-- maybe thats a glove box light-- but those were only on the 07's I think.

Do your DRL's work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response and HOWTO. I'm pretty sure now the wire is leftover from the now nonexistent glove box light. I found a thread titled "Glove box LED light replacement, done, with pictures" (sorry can't link to it) where the pictures show what appears to be the same wire.

And it looks like the top actuator on the passenger side controlling the dash/floor vents is bad. I ordered a replacement.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same problem with my vents, they just aren't blowing any air. Do you have a picture of that actuator part you ordered?

thanks

·
Registered
8,449 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for this thread. My 2011 had the same issue with the top front vents not blowing air. I ordered the actuator from Amazon and had it installed within an hour. I even took the opportunity to replace the filthy air cabin filter while I had the glove compartment off.

It seems these actuators have an issue with a resistor burning out, probably design flaw. I could see and smell the burnt component.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Could the actuator be the cause of the vents blowing weakly? Or would this be the solution only if the vents don't blow at all?

I feel that my air conditioning vents just do not blow as strong as I expect on a more modern vehicle. The dealer replaced the "blower control module" to fix the problem, however I don't feel that this fixed the problem. I never feel like "blasting" the a/c cools the vehicle fast enough.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
It could be an issue.. in most cases no air at all was the issue.. however it is possible that little air could happen as the drive moves the gear it can skip hence not moving the door as it should. Therefore your not getting the full amount. And your right .... blasting the A/C is not always the best. Reason being.. the air passes by the evaporator coil too fast and the moisture in the air is not properly collected. See the evaporator coil is on the positive side of the system not the negative.. so if a fan is set at full tilt it will push the water moloclues thru. Where in normal operation it is suppose to collect them and dry out the air. Which is the start to the refrigeration process. Then the chemical change start to make the temperature of the air cooler.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
socalACADIA said:
Hi,

Could the actuator be the cause of the vents blowing weakly? Or would this be the solution only if the vents don't blow at all?

I feel that my air conditioning vents just do not blow as strong as I expect on a more modern vehicle. The dealer replaced the "blower control module" to fix the problem, however I don't feel that this fixed the problem. I never feel like "blasting" the a/c cools the vehicle fast enough.

Thanks!

Can you hear/fell a difference in the air being blown- when you switch recirculate from outside to inside air?

·
Registered
8 Posts
rbarrios said:
Can you hear/fell a difference in the air being blown- when you switch recirculate from outside to inside air?
I can't hear or feel a difference in the volume of air, but it does get cooler when using recirculated air (which is what I always use).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also, I should mention...

that I have a rental 2014 Buick Enclave for a couple of days and the air conditioning is absolutely meat locker/squirrel-nut-freezing cold! The fan speed goes from very low to extemely high volume, hair blowing speed.

On my '11 Acadia, the max fan speed translates to about a 2 or maybe 3 on the '14 Enclave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Besides the picture RBarrios put up of the actuator how do i access the HOW TO video by RbArrios? I have the exact same issue GoodHomer mentioned from 2013 and I'd like to give it a go.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My problem was fixed 2+ years ago with replacing the cabin air filter, when no air was coming out. The service dept showed me the old one w only 23,000 OEM miles and it was pitch black. I'm replacing it every 20K miles now, whether it needs it or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problem was fixed 2+ years ago with replacing the cabin air filter, when no air was coming out. The service dept showed me the old one w only 23,000 OEM miles and it was pitch black. I'm replacing it every 20K miles now, whether it needs it or not.
What problem were you having? I am trying to research the issue my 2012 Acadia Denali 2WD is having where the fan blower for just the front is not working at all. The rear fan blows air but sometimes its hot and sometimes its cold.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
@GM_Fan Did you CAREFULLY read all the posts. Look at some of those things mentioned and possibly perform. I know it is a pain. I recall too, there might have been rear evaporator coil leakage issues. When I traded in the 14' Acadia a year ago, the blower was hardly working, and again, it might have been the air cabin filter. Sorry I can't be of further help, but someone here might have recall memory. Then try some different search words. Sorry, I can't give you any further input.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts