GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buy at Acadia and was wondering if anyone cauld tell me about waht a Friend and Family PIN is? Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's a discount allowing you to get GM Supplier Pricing, if you get a pin number for it from a GM employee. People who work for GM in some capacity get a certain number of them every month and are to give them out to "friends & family" to get them in to buy a GM with a preset discount.

You basically have to find someone who has them, and get one. One thing to remember, though, is that Supplier pricing is over dealer invoice price, so in a lot of cases people can negotiate to get the same or a lower price even without the Supplier info--it just makes it easier.

I have one myself right now, which expires in November, hopefully to be used on a new Acadia or Outlook--they're assigned to a particular person based on birthdate and last 4 of SSN.

Here's a site that let's you build a vehicle and search inventory, also listing Supplier prices (it's a modified version of GMBuypower).

http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR

And the main website for GM Supplier pricing and details:

http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com

·
Registered
468 Posts
You can typically scan various GM vehicle forums like this one and often times people are asking for/offering up the PIN numbers. I used to participate at www.corvetteforum.com and people there were willing to give out PIN's.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, and I got mine while perusing the Chevy Avalanche club forum. I've been a member there since we had one, and there's quite a few GM people on there who can give out the numbers--even if they go very quickly.

I'll try to dig up my one contact, and get back to you with a private message if it might work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went through friends of my parents last year to purchase my Grand Prix. At the time they were able to give out employee pricing (GMS) which is below invoice price. They have cancelled that program along with most of the other incentives and now employees can only give supplier pricing (GMS). You can get a code from an employee and that does "fix" the price of the vehicle, however, I found in my shopping around that almost every dealer in my area were willing to give the supplier price without any codes. I was actually able to get a price below the supplier price my looking around. Good Luck!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Jello said:
You can get a code from an employee and that does "fix" the price of the vehicle, however, I found in my shopping around that almost every dealer in my area were willing to give the supplier price without any codes. I was actually able to get a price below the supplier price my looking around. Good Luck!
Exactly my view. I have a Supplier certificate now, and had one years ago when we were buying a Suburban. The thing was, depending on the vehicle and time, most dealers will sell for a price at Supplier level if not before with little to no haggling, so it's a 50/50 in terms of using it.

That said, they are great for just walking in, saying what you want, and automatically knowing your discounted price--with NO haggling or questioning over anything but trade, etc.

Hence, if the queen decides she really wants a hot new Acadia or Outlook after driving one, even without much need to discount, the certificate will allow an automatic discount that's nice and straightforward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts